2010 NHL Entry draft:Looking Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I honestly had no idea Hall was ppg+. He's been playing like crap so far but he's still putting up the points, so I guess that has to mean something.

dubya

Sep 13, 2005
Edmonton
Yes, Hall is getting all those wonderful 2nd assists on the powerplay courtesy of Schultz and Eberle ... if Seguin was on that unit, he'd probably have 10 points by now.

I just want to make sure I have the pro-Seguin argument right....

Seguin is better than Hall because he gets his points in less minutes and PP time. He gets less minutes and PP time because Boston has better players.

Also, Seguin is better than Hall because he would get more points playing Edmonton's PP, because the players Hall plays with are so good.

Makes sense, thanks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I can't believe how many people turn this into a hate Sequin thread when they are both incredible talents.

I suppose if Sequin got all those sweet second assists on the PP care of Schultz and Eberle he'd have some nice stats right now too.

4 games in and your cutting Sequin from the Bruins roster.

Seguin has a single point so far, yet we should be kicking ourselves for passing up on him? Hall is grittier, Hall is faster, and Hall's will to win and do what it takes to force the play/create chaos are all reasons that I'd take him over Seguin. I'm far from cutting Seguin from Boston's roster, however like Hall he played during the lockout, so why the slow start? People are *****ing about Hall's slow start yet he has outproduced Seguin by a good margin.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Would Seguin be getting more PPTOI with Edmonton? Yes. Most players would, seeing as Edmonton averages about 1 min on the PP more than Boston. Hall's drawn his fair share of penalties, contributing to this stat.

Don't just cite stats such as PPTOI without looking into their implications. Boston also hasn't had a 5-on-3 yet, where Seguin would almost certainly be on the ice.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Sequin would have bounced the puck off both Horcoff's skates before scoring....

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
There is no Hall hate, I've said he's an incredible talent a hundred times here; but because I try to say so is Sequin ... All of a sudden I have a hate on for Hall. Typical of this board.

Making up **** about secondary assists sounds like a hater to me

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Give me Hall.

Even if Seguin is a prettier, more technical player, he has nowhere near the leadership and drive that Hall has. Hall is the symbol of the new culture growing in Edmonton; Seguin doesn't have the character to be that person.

I believe this is inaccurate. I pick Hall because it was so close that when i saw Halls interview on Oil Change the day before the draft and hall said "they are the team i want to be on" it was enough to win me over.
Very close draft

I dont find Seguin lacking character... anyone who does didnt watch the tampa series. What hall had was a last place team that not only allowed him to be a young leader but encouraged it/needed it. Totally different than a guy who landed on a stacked contender with no less than 5 all stars and 10 leaders.
Its ignorant i think to say the guy who landed on a contender with 10 well respected leaders on a highly respected team would just come in and start chirping and lead. LOL completely rediculous. Seguin for his draft year had also been well removed from playing for a talented team and it takes adjustment to be a guy with a role rather than the guy given every break and every chance. One mistake and Seguin is in the press box for 4 games. B's werent playing daisys.

I still pick Hall for that day, I still would pick option 3 of moving hemmer and whatever to get both. One rumor was that the offer to get Seguin would have included our RNH pick and other rumors said Gags Hemsky and a 2nd . On that draft day i would have given it to get Seguin and Hall. Glad to have RNH though.
To me RNH and Eberle dont drive me as crazy as Hall. Hall sometimes attempts to be hemsky when he has clear lanes or can wait for the other speedy linemates and play higher percentage hockey. I still think RNH and Eberle are the safer guys and blow my freakin mind but im definitely a Hall fan.

Also --to talk about character...off the ice its eberle who off the ice seems to keep people focussed on the profession they chose and to always be ready(cause he goes out where as RNH is more gretzkyesque and not on the scene to cut people off and demand they call it a night). There are quite a few of us night lifers who have witnessed and are of the belief that it is Eberle that keeps people from making stupid headlines young guys sometimes do...keeps them having good sleeps for the next days practice or game. That is why it will be Ebs wearing the C. There is no Hall hate from me at all, he is what he is and he is still maturing as a player and person. Hall had benefit of a lax coach and still does. Seguin plays for contenders that are made to do winning and not a school or training house. As a witness its Ebs i see who says...ok guys we go home in 15, practice tomorrow, finish up, rides are on their way, drop the girls.

Seguin does not lack character, Hall is the choice we made and he loves the Oil. If Seguin were available id listen to anything that didnt involve the big 5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad