2010 NHL Entry draft:Looking Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Give me Hall.

Even if Seguin is a prettier, more technical player, he has nowhere near the leadership and drive that Hall has. Hall is the symbol of the new culture growing in Edmonton; Seguin doesn't have the character to be that person.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Give me Hall.

Even if Seguin is a prettier, more technical player, he has nowhere near the leadership and drive that Hall has. Hall is the symbol of the new culture growing in Edmonton; Seguin doesn't have the character to be that person.

This.

Really can you imagine if we had Seguin on the wing? Hemsky, Seguin, Yak and Ebs all natural right wingers that would be Pejorative Slured... but even if Seguin was a left winger, he's a support player. He hasn't shown any desire to be the kind of player you can lean on.

Hall is the complete opposite. He wants to be the guy you lean on during tough minutes... which is now weird because you can see that Yakupov wants to be that kind of guy as well. I honestly can't imagine if it would be a good thing or a bad thing to have the both of them playing together on the same line.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Vladimir Tarasenko :sarcasm:

Seriously though if I had to pick between Hall or Seguin I'd still take Hall

OP says imagine seguin in Gagner spot well likewise imagine smyth in halls spot

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
This.

Really can you imagine if we had Seguin on the wing? Hemsky, Seguin, Yak and Ebs all natural right wingers that would be Pejorative Slured... but even if Seguin was a left winger, he's a support player. He hasn't shown any desire to be the kind of player you can lean on.

Hall is the complete opposite. He wants to be the guy you lean on during tough minutes... which is now weird because you can see that Yakupov wants to be that kind of guy as well. I honestly can't imagine if it would be a good thing or a bad thing to have the both of them playing together on the same line.

Isn't Seguin a natural centre though?Many Bruin fans have told me that Seguin is a natural Centre,and that he's only playing on right-wing because of Boston's centre depth.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Hall then, Hall now.

Seguin is talented, but he'd be the tin man here and benefits from the perfect situation out in Boston where he can be the complimentry scorer he is.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The way I look at it, you've gotta gauge some other moves they would have made had they took Seguin.

If they take Seguin, I doubt they take RNH in 2011, as they already have Seguin as their #1C. Then they'll take either Landeskog or Larsson. Gut feeling says it'd be Larsson. In 2012 they'd still take Yakupov, but if the Oilers already have Larsson I think there's a good chance that Justin Schultz signs somewhere else, as Larsson is a right shot D that is probably ahead of him on the depth chart.

So, no, I wouldn't take Seguin now. Yeah he might become a better player, but picking Hall will give Edmonton the better team in the future.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I'm not going to lie, I wanted Seguin at the time. He can play cente and isn't going to get injured liked Hall. Having said that, I'm too emotionally comitted to Hall now. I knew i would love either the moment they put on the jersey.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Bothe are great players, but Sequin would be better on this team. We'd have a centre with skill and more size than Gagner to compliment RNH.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
at that time picking Hall was a no brainer.. there would have been a lot of angry fans had we taken Seguin.. Seguin here probably would not have been good ...

If BOS offers Seguin for Hall right now though... I would make the swap ..

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
at that time picking Hall was a no brainer.. there would have been a lot of angry fans had we taken Seguin.. Seguin here probably would not have been good ...

If BOS offers Seguin for Hall right now though... I would make the swap ..

Seguin has how many points at the moment?

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Impossible to say...and right now especially.

Seguin stepped into one of the best teams in hockey. Very little pressure, comparatively, both in terms of his role and in terms of what he meant to the city and team.

Secondly, Hall isn't in full gear right now, and it's plain to see. Last year, before Potter stepped on his head, he had a stretch of games where he looked like the best and most dangerous player on the ice every single shift. He'll get there again, but he's not looking like that same player through 4 games.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Impossible to say...and right now especially.

Seguin stepped into one of the best teams in hockey. Very little pressure, comparatively, both in terms of his role and in terms of what he meant to the city and team.

Secondly, Hall isn't in full gear right now, and it's plain to see. Last year, before Potter stepped on his head, he had a stretch of games where he looked like the best and most dangerous player on the ice every single shift. He'll get there again, but he's not looking like that same player through 4 games.

4GP 1-3-4 +3 and he has another gear?

What's missing in Hall's game is him not going on kamikaze shifts three or four times a game. Doing a little too much with the puck, too, but he's been far from bad.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I don't feel the need to justify anything as an upgrade over Gagner. Our LW depth without Hall is

poo
Helpless RWer Hemsky
Slo-mo Smytty
Pointless Paajarvi

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Jesus Christ. Why is everyone suddenly so hard on Hall?

This board is a stupid place.

We're four games into the season. Four. Process that for a bit.

Oct 15, 2008
Looking back at this draft,are fans still satisfied with Taylor Hall or would've fans rather had Tyler Seguin instead?

Take into the context of having an upgrade over Sam Gagner.

P.S this is not a troll thread either.

Sequin is a winger, and not nearly as good a winger as Hall.

He has one assist in 4 games.

Pfffffft.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Sequin is a winger, and not nearly as good a winger as Hall.

He has one assist in 4 games.

Pfffffft.

Sequin is playing 15 to 17 min a night with very limited powerplay time.

Hall is playing 19 to 22 min a night with 1st line powerplay duties.

Your hate for Sequin is nonsensical. Both are fantastic players.

Hall appears to have more drive and determination, with reckless speed.

However, Sequin's sublime stickhandling and shot, could lead to a longer, more productive career.

The Oilers could of used both of these players ... Sequin, who can play center (but is only used in that role by Boston in limited situations), would of been the better long term fit for the Oilers, IMHO.

I like Gagner, but we need a bigger physical presence that can win faceoffs in that number 2 spot. Could that of been Sequin?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Jesus Christ. Why is everyone suddenly so hard on Hall?

This board is a stupid place.

We're four games into the season. Four. Process that for a bit.

Get the hammer out because you just NAILED IT.

Also want to see who the OP votes. I recall wanting to tank for Hall that year pretty strongly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad