2010 HFNHL Prospect Handbook

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
... who will no doubt be lamenting the profligacy of certain NHL GMs when contract time rolls around. ;)

Doubtful...Sbisa will sign a 2-year entry level deal. Two years from now, he will probably be worth a lot more than $2M. And if not....he doesn't then Detroit doesn't re-sign him and Sbisa sits on the prospect list as an RFA until he is worth that much. If he isn't worth much money, then it isn't a big loss to not have him on the roster.

Yet another reason I hate the auto-sign.

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Doubtful...Sbisa will sign a 2-year entry level deal. Two years from now, he will probably be worth a lot more than $2M. And if not....he doesn't then Detroit doesn't re-sign him and Sbisa sits on the prospect list as an RFA until he is worth that much. If he isn't worth much money, then it isn't a big loss to not have him on the roster.

Yet another reason I hate the auto-sign.

I'm not sure its so simple though. Sbisa could be worth the 2M in the NHL, but it doesn't mean he'll be rated like that in our league. Auto-signing young players who breakout certainly does not always favour HFNHL teams.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
I'm not sure its so simple though. Sbisa could be worth the 2M in the NHL, but it doesn't mean he'll be rated like that in our league. Auto-signing young players who breakout certainly does not always favour HFNHL teams.

I'm just going to point out here the fact that sbisa contract won't cost my dad at all since he hasn't even signed him to his ELC yet so he escapes this all together

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site

But he isn't an RFA yet in our league...he will get an ELC first. So, the NHL GM takes a risk by signing a player to a long-term deal for more than he has earned thus far, whereas Drew gets all the benefit if there is any.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
And we all play by the same rules, so for now, all's fair. Wasn't looking to open this can of worms up with my tongue-in-cheek remark re: Sbisa!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad