2010 draft seems promising so far

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tinordi is developing fine in Hamilton. Should be a regular next season
Gallagher has 24 goals and is a +17 in his first 68 NHL games
Bournival is showing some impressive upside in his first 21 NHL games. Speed, vision, forechecking and surprising passing skills.
Thomas- the one player who could really turn out to be another steal. Fast skater, heavy shot. Coming back from injury he now has 6 points in 6 games.
Ellis- started the year off rough but has a couple of goals and is a +8

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Bournival is showing some impressive upside in his first 21 NHL games. Speed, vision, forechecking and surprising passing skills.
Thomas- the one player who could really turn out to be another steal. Fast skater, heavy shot. Coming back from injury he now has 6 points in 6 games.

Before everyone jumps on you Bournival and Thomas were not drafted by the Habs.....But I understand what your stating ....and it does look good for Montreal

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Before everyone jumps on you Bournival and Thomas were not drafted by the Habs.....But I understand what your stating ....and it does look good for Montreal

I know what you are saying. All I am stating are the players from 2010 draft that now belong to the Habs.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
This isn't really related to the OP but I didn't want to start another thread for it:

Why did Subban look down and not cheerful when Desharnais got the goal? I understand that it most likely would have went in even if DD didn't touch it, but am I misunderstanding something?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This isn't really related to the OP but I didn't want to start another thread for it:

Why did Subban look down and not cheerful when Desharnais got the goal? I understand that it most likely would have went in even if DD didn't touch it, but am I misunderstanding something?

I was also a little puzzled but I think he was just gassed. Try not to overanalyze things, that's what starts unnecessary drama in Montreal (no offense)

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I know what you are saying. All I am stating are the players from 2010 draft that now belong to the Habs.

Very good...it just some ppl here need all the T crossed and all the i dotted if you know what I mean....

For me I am very excited about Michaël Bournival....at this point in his short carrer he looks like he could play in our top 6 next year

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

MT doesn't like him celebrating, remember he got rid of the triple low 5

Halifaxhab*

Patrick Holland is doing well in Hamilton and had a cup of coffee in MTL as well, Mark MacMillan is holding his own in ND and is a leader on that team (but not likely to be more than a career AHLer)

So overall a very solid draft year impacting our pro rosters

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
The 2010 draft class, like the 2007 draft class, was a really strong draft class. A really high percentage of the first rounders are already regulars, or near regulars. Great that the Habs made the most out of both drafts, either by drafting or by trading for players drafted in either of the drafts.

2007: McD( :( ), Eller, Patches, Pk
2010: Gally ( :yo: ), Tinordi, Bourni

If the 2013 (another very strong draft class) draftees pan out, we'll be in a very good position moving forward.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I know he was a 2008 pick but man Pateryn is looking good for a 5th rounder. D-men who put up points and are a plus in the AHL, very good sign. Also liked what I've seen from him in his short stints.

We have a lot of guys ready to make the jump for D soon in Tinordi/Beaulieu, but we also have a few guys like Pateryn and Ellis who will take more time and also are pegged for a different role. I think on D with Subban, Emelin and Markov already, we're doing OK. Then you throw in Gorges who is a decent d-man, but you have guys like Beaulieu and Tinordi looking to steal a spot, eventually I think our D will be pretty young and balanced.

The forward prospects for me are the ones I'm a little more conservative with, the d-men seem like very good prospects that are proving a lot in the AHL right now.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I remember that draft like it was yesterday, as soon as they moved up to take Tinordi I saw that Montreal was changing the way they did things and wanted to ensure that they draft and develop players with size and character, if you look at that draft Tinordi, Bournival and Gallagher are all character players and Ellis is a big defenseman.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I remember that draft like it was yesterday, as soon as they moved up to take Tinordi I saw that Montreal was changing the way they did things and wanted to ensure that they draft and develop players with size and character, if you look at that draft Tinordi, Bournival and Gallagher are all character players and Ellis is a big defenseman.

I remember the draft like it was yesterday too...the amount of people who hated the pick and hated giving up a 2nd to do it was incredible. Probably the angriest this fanbase has been since the Price pick.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I remember the draft like it was yesterday too...the amount of people who hated the pick and hated giving up a 2nd to do it was incredible.

I was not, even though I really wanted Ryan Martindale or Tyler Pitlick in the second round, Tinordi will be an NHL'er for a long time barring any injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad