2010/2011 Retirements, Euro Bound Players List

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Not official yet, but all indications are Varlamov jumps to the KHL today.

Nothing official yet indeed: just his Russian agent's comments, slamming the Capitals. While there's no question he has serious interest from the KHL (reports say there are questions about whether Yaroslavl still holds his rights), at this point everything could still just be grandstanding in order to pressure a bigger offer or trade in the NHL.

There's also no question Varlamov wants to be a #1, so it remains to be seen whether there's a team in the NHL willing to trade for him and pay him as a #1... we'll see.

As for the futures in our trade, we'll see come October 1st where Varly is actually playing, and take it from there. Good deal for Minny either way.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Miettinen to KHL, according to guys like Strickland on Twitter.

Just saw this. Not sure how much it alters my FA plans. Maybe I might've re-signed one of Brunette or Madden had I known about this sooner. More likely, I'll just be asking more out of the likes of Paajarvi.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Miettinen to KHL, according to guys like Strickland on Twitter.

Yeah there were reports of this a few days ago (TSN I think?) but so far there hasn't been anything official and the writer had commented he thought this might just be a contract negotiation ploy so stay tuned.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah there were reports of this a few days ago (TSN I think?) but so far there hasn't been anything official and the writer had commented he thought this might just be a contract negotiation ploy so stay tuned.

That would be an interesting turn of events, because I've already turned the page, more or less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad