2010-11 TV Revenue and Replenishing the Coffers of New GMs

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Gentlemen,

Two items I wanted to bring to your attention, one of the current events variety, and another that will be a new rule going forward.

First, current events - the amount of TV Revenue that will be paid out to each team for the 2010-11 season is $2.0M. This number was arrived at by gauging where the league's cash balances are as a whole in comparison to where they were at the HFNHL's inception. Thanks to Carolina GM Jon Lemoine for his help in preparing the calculations.

Second, new rule - in the event that a new GM takes over a team that's a bit poor on cash, that team's cash balance will be replenished to $10M. The thinking here is that $10M isn't enough for a new GM to go absolutely crazy, but at the same time they're not going to be crippled by any of their predecessor's sins. We will be applying this rule retroactively to any of our GMs that took over late in the 2009-10 season. So, by my count, that means Carolina and Ottawa are going to be coming into a little bit of dough.

Questions or comments?

Respectfully,

The Commish

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Jon is in the midst of the calculations right now actually. But don't get any hopes up. I don't believe there will be any TV revenue this year.

Salary cap rises. Player salaries rise. Team revenue in season remains the same. No TV revenue. Makes sense to me. :help:

Who's up for a debate on finances? We haven't had one of those in a while...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00