2009 prospects: Marcus Foligno

The Chef*

early-mid second round i think was his projection. not sure..

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I was watching the 67s-Wolves game this weekend and he looked decent. Its obvious that his game will translate well to the NHL. He's very physical and has nice hands to go along with his size. I would be very suprised if he didn't at least become a good 3rd/4th line player. His upside is probably a Milan Lucic type player. I hope the Sens draft him to unite the Foligno brothers. They would be pretty fun to watch play vs. the Kostisyns and (maybe?) the Schenns :laugh: within the Northeast

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I was watching the 67s-Wolves game this weekend and he looked decent. Its obvious that his game will translate well to the NHL. He's very physical and has nice hands to go along with his size. I would be very suprised if he didn't at least become a good 3rd/4th line player. His upside is probably a Milan Lucic type player. I hope the Sens draft him to unite the Foligno brothers. They would be pretty fun to watch play vs. the Kostisyns and (maybe?) the Schenns :laugh: within the Northeast

The Sens would defenetly have the weakest brother duo

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Well then we'd just have to get Mike Foligno to create more offspring or better yet just get him to suit up for the Sens. Dude looks like he's still in great shape.....

nah, mike will come on as an amateur scout for the OHL. I bet the sens already talk to him about some prospects.

anyways, a lot of sens fans want foligno to be picked up by the sens, but I dont see how it happens. Even by the columbus 2nd round pick, there should be better players on the board, and the sens dont have their 3rd round pick (we traded it to nashville to move up and snipe karlsson from Burke last year), which would be a perfect pick to target foligno with.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
any chance this kid will play on a WJC team like the u-17 or u-20.

I doubt it. If he has a really good season to start next year, he might have a chance at U20, but the canadian team is pretty hard to crack.

Nick was born in Buffalo, so he was an easy pick for the US-U18 team before he moved to the OHL. Marcus is pretty much limited to team Canada I think.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think he willbe in the same boat as 2 other big physical Swedes,Casper Carning and Mattias Linstrom --NHL teams will love this type of physical power forward player --none are great skaters but if your looking for size and grit on the forecheck and guys not afraid to crash the net --then late 2nd to mid 3rd is a good posibility for these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad