2009 NHL Draft - strong draft?

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Is Del Zotto a 2008 or 2009? Either way, he is going to go very high. The kid is aboslutely amazing. Plays great both ways, throws big hits and was clutch in the playoffs (12 pts in 9GP) As a 16 year old defenseman, his play was absolutely remarkable.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
Is Del Zotto a 2008 or 2009? Either way, he is going to go very high. The kid is aboslutely amazing. Plays great both ways, throws big hits and was clutch in the playoffs (12 pts in 9GP) As a 16 year old defenseman, his play was absolutely remarkable.

Del Zotto was born in June 1990, so he should be eligible for the 2008 draft - the year of the defenceman.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
QMJHL :

Steven Anthony, Jordan Caron

QMJHL has a few more possibly ready to go high in the draft:

1. Steven Anthony
2. Louis Leblanc
3. Simon Despres
4. Charles-Olivier Roussel
5. Jordan Caron (Rimouski..a late B-Day)
6. Gabriell O'Connor (Moosheads..a late B-Day)

I would look for these guys to make a big splash in the draft

Bryzga lol*

Ontario is better than both of them combined, did you have a point?

I'm not defending his point, he could be way off the mark with his statement, but the province of Québec has 3 or 4 times the population of the Maritimes. Québec being a good spot for developping hockey players, it's a bit out of the ordinary that the Maritimes would surpass them in 2009. (if that's the case or not)

Ontario's population is what? 11 million? Over 5 times the Maritime population (and a larger population than Quebec and the Maritimes combined) and they've always been good at hockey so of course they'll produce more quality prospects.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Don't forget about Ryan Howse from the 'dub in '09. Alot of people think he's better than Landon Ferraro.

Jared Cowen was very impressive with Spokane in his short stint with the team. Top skating defenseman on the team already, calmness with the puck that reminds me most recently of Kris Russell, and already at 6'5" 205, he has NHL size at only 15.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site

I watched Del Zotto play live about 15 times this year, and about 10 times last year with the Markham Waxers.

His offensive play is excellent. His defensive play is horrendous. Because of the latter, I predict that he won't be drafted as high as some people expect. I would take Pietrangelo all day long over Del Zotto.

IlyaAlexanderMalkin

Jun 20, 2006
Coeur d'Alene
Don't forget about Ryan Howse from the 'dub in '09. Alot of people think he's better than Landon Ferraro.

Jared Cowen was very impressive with Spokane in his short stint with the team. Top skating defenseman on the team already, calmness with the puck that reminds me most recently of Kris Russell, and already at 6'5" 205, he has NHL size at only 15.

Jared Cowen played incredibly well in the series against Everett I thought. His mobility for a huge 15 year is incredible.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Besides the fact that Tavares is already being a clear-cut pick for 2009... Toni Rajala brings alot of talent...

I agree 2009 may be the greatest draft in years!!

crthomp

Apr 18, 2007
So based on what I've heard is this a safe list of top prospects for the 2009 draft? Correct me if I'm wrong, add guys, take away guys, do whatever, I'm just trying to get a feel for the players. After Tavares they aren't in any special order

1. John Tavares
2. Toni Rajala
3. Magnus Paajarvi
4. Steven Anthony
5. Andrei Kuchin
6. Jordan Schroeder
7. Victor Hedman
8. Jimmy Bubnick
9. Landon Ferraro
10. Matt Duchene

any others? should any of these guys not be on this list? Opinions please.

Thanks

Faktisti*

mylläri
pääjärvi
rajala
hedman

would those players be the best

mylläri-rajala-pääjärvi-tavares

would there be the best, would, would?

Meischder

Apr 22, 2007
Thanks Faktisti!

It appears to me that the swedish players are very well. How are the Russians, Czechs and Slovaks?

Faktisti*

well what i have heard, it wont be a good year for those. but it will be good year for scandinavies and to canada and usa.

and rajala is a finn

Faktisti*

off topic: 2010 will be sick superstar draft for finland. mikael granlund would he be the best, ye i say YES because he will it be!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad