2008?

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Colby Robak

Here's a sleeper pick for 2008. Playing well as a 16 year old in the dub. Big kid, going to be an offensive defenceman.
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=24770

Note: I'm not saying he's a top 10 prospect, but he might be in the top couple of rounds....

miltty

Feb 7, 2007
Whl top guns for 2008

I know its a year away, but I'm looking for some opinions, maybe a couple of lists on the top 2008 prospects, guys like Doughty, Stamkos, Boychuk, Schenn, Beach, Teubert, Eberle etc.

Look for the following dub guys to be 2008 NHL draftees:

Kyle Beach, Jordan Eberle, Mitch Wahl, Geordie Wudrick, Tyler Schmidt, Tyler Meyers, Thomas Frazee, Eric Mestery, Colton Teubert, Tyler Shattock, Michael Stone, Kyle St.Denis.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
Alex Pietrangelo flies completely under the radar, but its nice to see ISS high on him. this guy can be a dominant player on the NHL. He is everything you want out of a top pick. has size, mobility, insane offensive ability, and very good in his own zone. If Tomas Kaberle was 3 inches bigger, you'd have Pietrangelo.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/player.php?id=4543

I can't speak for europe, the US, quebec or western canada for 08, but for ontario, i'd have for a top 5..

Pietrangelo
Stamkos
Del Zotto
Doughty
Hodgson

with Jamie Arniel, Tyler Cuma, Shawn Lalonde, AJ Jenks right outside

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
well for the QMJHL I would put:

1. Kevin Poulin
2. Patrice Cormier
3. Yann Sauve
4. Chris Doyle
5. Kelssey Tessier
6. Phil Cornet
7. Marc Barbiero
8. Antoine Tardif
9. Alex Neron
10. Travis Stacey

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Russia's 1990s are the best they've had in a very long time.

Players to keep an eye on:
Petrov
Kugryshev
Lazarev
Filatov
Voinov
Ostapchuk
Chudinov
Klementiev

GBG BLEED BLUE

Jun 8, 2005
Saskatoon,Sask
www.whlfans.ca
Tuebert & Eberle

have been playing very well for the Regina Pats in the WHL,and will probably make 2 NHL teams very happy when they get drafted(unless they get drafted by the same team) it could happen but it would be rare. IMO

Some other players from the Saskatoon Blades that are eligible for the 2008 draft are:Braden Holtby,Teigan Zahn,Gaelan Patterson,Jared Freisen,Cameron Canart.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
TOP 5 from Sweden for me:
1.M.Tedenby
2.J.Motin
3.A.Peterson
4.A.Gustafsson
5.J.Matsson

There are also 2 very good Danes: Mikkel Bodker and Philip Larsen.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
Here's a sleeper pick for 2008. Playing well as a 16 year old in the dub. Big kid, going to be an offensive defenceman.
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=24770

Note: I'm not saying he's a top 10 prospect, but he might be in the top couple of rounds....

True. He has a short choppy stride, but the puck is like glued to his stick at times and he looks for the long bomb alot. Doesn't go looking for the physical game though, which will hurt him at the pro level. IN midget last year the one game i saw he dominated and was head and shoulders above everybody.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
True. He has a short choppy stride, but the puck is like glued to his stick at times and he looks for the long bomb alot. Doesn't go looking for the physical game though, which will hurt him at the pro level. IN midget last year the one game i saw he dominated and was head and shoulders above everybody.

I'm thinking that he's a typical 16 year old in the dub and not initiating physical play with guys much older than him. He has the size to be physical though and maybe that'll happen more as he grows in confidence? He's going to get a regular shift now with yeo out for several weeks...

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
I'd put my money on Kirill Petrov. Absolutely blew me away when I saw him at the Four Nations Tournament this past fall.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
Alex Pietrangelo flies completely under the radar, but its nice to see ISS high on him. this guy can be a dominant player on the NHL. He is everything you want out of a top pick. has size, mobility, insane offensive ability, and very good in his own zone. If Tomas Kaberle was 3 inches bigger, you'd have Pietrangelo.
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/player.php?id=4543

I have to agree with your assessment of Pietrangelo. The guy is an absolute stud on the ice even at 16. He has a good skating stride and is good in all aspects of the game.

fullspeed

Jul 21, 2006
west coast

Will bed interesting to see these players at the CWG later this month
Teubert , redington, macintosh, myers, tendler, zahn,deck mystery, schmidt, hamernk
all top end D man that any one would love to have
Beach, Lee, mcmillian, bouma, fraser, gervais, schwartz, eberle, trach, towes, hunt, wudrick,
usually the east gets the hype and the O and Q play their 16 year olds alot more as well.
Jones top Goaltender::

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Will bed interesting to see these players at the CWG later this month
Teubert , redington, macintosh, myers, tendler, zahn,deck mystery, schmidt, hamernk
all top end D man that any one would love to have
Beach, Lee, mcmillian, bouma, fraser, gervais, schwartz, eberle, trach, towes, hunt, wudrick,
usually the east gets the hype and the O and Q play their 16 year olds alot more as well.
Jones top Goaltender::

Kevin Poulin will be the top goalie at the games IMO, he is really something special like mentioned above...I would put his potential in the class with Luongo and Fleury at the same age.

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
It's going to be a rather thin class for Minnesota High Schools. Many of the kids in this group are smaller. The 2009 class is much deeper and bigger.

Mike Fink - F - Hopkins
Tyler Landman - F - Roseau
Jake Youso - F - International Falls
Jared Festler - F - Little Falls
Drew Olson - D - Brainerd
Brady Hjelle - G - International Falls

Anybody have an addition to this? I find it difficult to believe that this league will go from 20 ranked players to only 6.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well--if scouts were salivating over 2007 eligible LW James Van Riemsdyk's (USA) performance at the recent 5Nations Tournament (feb 7-11) held in Most Czech Rep. where he ad 4g+2a in 4GP to tie for 2nd in scoring and certainly the best LW in the '07 draft--what does it say about 2008 eligible LW Andre Petersson (Sweden) who
had 5g+2a =7pts in 4GP to finish first in scoring? With Stamkos,Doughty,a better deeper Russian crop and Petersson and Tedenby from Sweden--2008 is shaping up as a very good draft crop..

shea

Sep 14, 2006
I only get to see the Q so my picks would be

Forward
1 Chris Doyle (PEI)
2 Kelsey Tessier (Quebec)
3 Patrice Cormier (Rim)
4 Phillipe Cornet (Rim)

Defense
1 Yan Sauve (SNB)
2 Mark Barbario (Mon)
3 Alexadre Neron (Rim)
4 Jordan Southorn (PEI)
5 Steven Delisle (Gat)

Goalie
1 Kevin Poulin (Vic)
2 Antoine Tardiff (BAT)

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Is Tyler Myers a dual-citizen? I had thought he was from Texas and moved to Alberta a few years ago to play at Notre Dame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad