2008 NHL Draft produced two key players for Washington Capitals

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Any draft that produces a top line defensemen and a starting goalie with great potential should be considered a success. For the Washington Capitals, the 2008 NHL Draft produced stalwart defenseman John Carlson and platoon starter Braden Holtby.

The success of Carlson and Holtby makes up for those players that did not pan out from the draft. Players like Joel Broda (MIN) and Stefan Della Rovere (STL) are still considered prospects, but long shots to see significant time in the NHL.

Anton Gustafsson, C, Frolunda J20 (SuperElit) – 1st round, 21st overall
NHL Games Played: 0

Son of former Capital Bengt-Ake Gustafsson, Anton Gustafsson failed to succeed in North America.… read more

More...

IkeaMonkey*

I refuse to click to "read more" since HF articles are always garbage. (The recent article about the USHL games between Omaha/Lincoln is downright offensive as someone who used to work within that league...)

But I can't call a guy who averaged 2 Points per game in the AHL someone who failed to succeed in North America.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I find it interesting that they call Holtby an NHL player after only 27 games. Didn't they recently call Orlov a prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad