2008 memorial cup in kitchener

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
well look for the giants to have one of the best if not the best goalie in the WHL with Sexsmith and look for them to have one of the best groups of returning forwards. Lucic, Repik, Machacek, Bliznak, Bouma, Wright, Czibere, Cunningham, Hunt, Kane, Piluso and probably one of J.D Watt, Tim Kraus, Kendal McArdle.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
look like halifax will be strong next year...report say brad marchand will be in halifax next year you add him with voracek,macmillan,hillier,swan,etc...bodnarchuk on the back end

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
So with the 07 memorial cup over and the giants champion...what can we expect from next year mem cup? How strong the kitchener rangers look ? What about the other 3team? Any candidate? London,calgary,halifax,lewiston etc discuss...

London should be strong if Kane, Gagner & Mason all return. They will need *much* better defense, though, but I suspect the Hunters will address that if they look like they're good enough to make a run.

AgentNaslund*

well look for the giants to have one of the best if not the best goalie in the WHL with Sexsmith and look for them to have one of the best groups of returning forwards. Lucic, Repik, Machacek, Bliznak, Bouma, Wright, Czibere, Cunningham, Hunt, Kane, Piluso and probably one of J.D Watt, Tim Kraus, Kendal McArdle.

thank you for your comment. HOwever, the core of the team, which made up for a huge part of the debth in the giants run, McArdle, Rabbit, Franson (reason why we lost the WHL champions because he was hurt), Thelen are all gone.

Default101

Sarnia will be in the mix, Katic running the defence, Stamkos running the offense, and there is some very solid depth on the sting blueline, and the management has said from day one that they would rebuild and make them a contender when the mem cup came back to the OHL (2008) so here we are, objective 1- get the memorial cup failed, to the Kitchener Rangers, who really deserve it, we played them in the first round, and i lived there the year before, their fans are probably the best in the OHL, the Aud is a historic arena and the Rangers have a great team, but with that said, there will be several changes happening with the Sting organization if they don't atleast advance to the conference finals, so they will be under pressure to bring in some talented forwards, as t he team is pretty much set on defence

Tinalera

Feb 3, 2007
The Known Universe
Sarnia will be in the mix, Katic running the defence, Stamkos running the offense, and there is some very solid depth on the sting blueline, and the management has said from day one that they would rebuild and make them a contender when the mem cup came back to the OHL (2008) so here we are, objective 1- get the memorial cup failed, to the Kitchener Rangers, who really deserve it, we played them in the first round, and i lived there the year before, their fans are probably the best in the OHL, the Aud is a historic arena and the Rangers have a great team, but with that said, there will be several changes happening with the Sting organization if they don't atleast advance to the conference finals, so they will be under pressure to bring in some talented forwards, as t he team is pretty much set on defence

This really is a do or die year for the Sting, I expect to see a lot of trades of draft picks for established players get deep into the playoffs. In addition, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kennedy playing on the big team this year on a 3rd line, hearing good things about him. Do I absolutely say in the Mem Cup? No, but I agree anything less than the conference final will be a disappointment. Problem is with teams like London, Plymouth, Saginaw, Kitchener(who get the auto berth), it's not going to be an easy year. Sarnia's going to be made up of mostly 19 year olds with O/A's this year, so the youth excuse won't wash-time to see what Millar can do.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
the giants did not have mcardle, rabbit, or thelen at the beginning of the year when they almost set a new WHL record. So i am pretty sure they will be fine without them.

KBF111

May 16, 2007
Vancouver will be good, but not like they've been the last 2 years. Sorry buddy. Your defence will be completely ***** besides Blum. Watt won't return, neither will McCardle. You're dreaming.

Kamloops if they had a better coach, they'd be a contender for the Cup. So much offensive fire and solid defence but the wrong head coach.

Bégin is the bestest*

either Rouyn-Noranda, Baie-Comeau, Gatineau, Québec, Lewiston, Halifax and whoever gets Brad Marchand could represent the LHJMQ at the memorial cup next year.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
I noticed that no one mentioned Oshawa as a potential host. They do have a new building, and a pair of stars in Tavares and Del Zotto. Does anyone besides me think they have a chance of hosting the tourney?

Also, does anyone know when the OHL announces who will be hosting?

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
Giants could return to cup again...

As stated previously, Vancouver should be very strong again next season.
A solid core of 89's returning who should all be much better, including Sexsmith who appears to be stepping up recently with solid, stellar goaltending.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
As stated previously, Vancouver should be very strong again next season.
A solid core of 89's returning who should all be much better, including Sexsmith who appears to be stepping up recently with solid, stellar goaltending.

The Giants have an intangible that, now that Kevin Constantine is no longer in the WHL, nobody else has, and that's probably the best junior hockey coach EVER - Don Hay.

The core group may be leaving, and their 89s will be returning, which is a very solid group, but those guys have not had as much pressure on them at this point as some other teams' 89s. That being said, Don Hay has proven many times in the past that his teams are always ready to play reguardless of the situation. I'm interested to see how good the Giants are next season...I would be surprised if they aren't in the hunt, but they will not be NEARLY as good as they were this season.

I have to wonder if we will see a major turn over in the WHL next year...teams who have been down for a few years are stacked with young talent, if some of the young talent on a team like Spokane, Regina, or Lethbridge can step up, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new front runner in the league next year either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->