2007 TSN Mock Draft - Turris taken 1st!

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
I cant see Sutter going top ten in any circumstance. He isnt a top ten player, he is so overrated because his name. There are so many better players than him in this draft its not even funny. He has very late 1st/2nd round talent. I wouldnt touch him.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Two lines from McKenzie that caught my eye:

"I really like Duthie's selection of Brandon Sutter at No. 9 for St. Louis. This kid could be the steal of the draft and I can't imagine he doesn't go top 10."

"The mock drafting of defencemen Ryan McDonagh by Carolina at 11, Kevin Shattenkirk by Colorado at 14 and Thomas Hickey by Anaheim at 16 came as no surprise. Each of those players is going to get some consideration in the top 10 and if any of them is left at 20, I will be surprised."

Bob's more plugged in than anyone, so I have to imagine these two will go higher than most of us think.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Colton Gillies for NYR? You've gotta be ****ing kidding me.

We have tons of guys like him already.

Moronic pick for the Rangers with little to no research done on the team's prospect pool. Pathetic.

We do NOT need any more 3rd liners. If he is converted to D, that's another story but that's nowhere to be found in the pick review.

Last edited:

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site

"I really like Duthie's selection of Brandon Sutter at No. 9 for St. Louis. This kid could be the steal of the draft and I can't imagine he doesn't go top 10."

"The mock drafting of defencemen Ryan McDonagh by Carolina at 11, Kevin Shattenkirk by Colorado at 14 and Thomas Hickey by Anaheim at 16 came as no surprise. Each of those players is going to get some consideration in the top 10 and if any of them is left at 20, I will be surprised."

Bob's more plugged in than anyone, so I have to imagine these two will go higher than most of us think.

If Sutter actually goes top ten he will be the biggest disappointment in the draft. He has fringe player capabilities.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Was not impressed by this draft. I think a lot of the people doing it have very little knowledge about the prospects or team needs. However, I do put a lot of stock into what Bob McKenzie says and his analysis of the mock draft is pretty interesting. Having Doug MacLean come right out and select Kyle Turris for Chicago was Pejorative Slured and got the draft off on the wrong foot from the very beginning. Almost every person thinks that Kane is the best fit for Chicago and while Turris could potentially go #1, it'll only happen if the Blackhawks trade the pick. I think MacLean was selecting merely from his own personal preference rather than giving consideration to which team he was selecting for.

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
Seems to me a lock to be an NHLer.

Because of his name yes. He isnt as gritty as everyone thinks, his hand arent great, hes not overly fast, yah hes 6'3 but doesnt use it all that effectively. He would get killed at the NHL level, his head is always when he has the puck. He will be a fourth liner who won't be able to crack the top 3 lines,because he has average abilities. He will be an NHLer, but a 4th liner, maybe a fringe third liner at best.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
MacLean made the Turris pick based stricktly on his own ranking when you listen to his explanation. He threw out the idea of this being a true "mock draft" with the very first selection. And when did Kariya enter the same calibre as Yzerman and Sakic??

Cuthbert really gets in the spirit of trying to guess what the team he's picking for would do.

Snowhawk

Dec 22, 2006
Ontario
Was not impressed by this draft. I think a lot of the people doing it have very little knowledge about the prospects or team needs. However, I do put a lot of stock into what Bob McKenzie says and his analysis of the mock draft is pretty interesting. Having Doug MacLean come right out and select Kyle Turris for Chicago was Pejorative Slured and got the draft off on the wrong foot from the very beginning. Almost every person thinks that Kane is the best fit for Chicago and while Turris could potentially go #1, it'll only happen if the Blackhawks trade the pick. I think MacLean was selecting merely from his own personal preference rather than giving consideration to which team he was selecting for.

This is hilarious, I know the panel are not as connected as most posters on this site!:biglaugh:

I don't pretend to know what each team is going to do in the draft, but I do know that Doug McLean and most of the panel have far more inside knowledge than just about anybody who visits this site. Hell McLean probably saw each of the top prospects several times in person, had access to scouting reports on a daily basis from qualified scouts, you know the kind that actually make a living in the profession. With all the knowledge he has accumulated he is providing a qualified and informed opinion, he is not a 15 year old kid sitting in front of Mom and Dad's computer regurgitating the opinions of others from this site.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Here's what caught my eye from McKenzie:

It didn't take mock Chicago GM Doug MacLean long to turn heads with the first pick of the 2007 TSN mock draft. His selection of Kyle Turris, over the expected choice of Pat Kane, makes me wonder if he might be the first NHL GM fired twice in the same season.

Just kidding.

Obviously he's joking, but ouch hehe.

Bégin is the bestest*

another crap mock draft who gives Esposito to Montréal, WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RIBIERO.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This is hilarious, I know the panel are not as connected as most posters on this site!:biglaugh:

I don't pretend to know what each team is going to do in the draft, but I do know that Doug McLean and most of the panel have far more inside knowledge than just about anybody who visits this site. Hell McLean probably saw each of the top prospects several times in person, had access to scouting reports on a daily basis from qualified scouts, you know the kind that actually make a living in the profession. With all the knowledge he has accumulated he is providing a qualified and informed opinion, he is not a 15 year old kid sitting in front of Mom and Dad's computer regurgitating the opinions of others from this site.
Did I say that Doug MacLean didn't know as much as we do? No. But when he has Bob McKenzie questioning his motives and going against what many scouts feel is as close to a lock as you can get in this draft which is Patrick Kane going to Chicago then it's not just me saying that. Pierre McGuire, who is also on this panel and also very much in the know, was on the radio today in Vancouver talking about the draft and said in no uncertain terms that as long as Chicago has the top pick that Kane will be the player they take.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
another crap mock draft who gives Esposito to Montréal, WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RIBIERO.

HE'S NOT ANOTHER RIBIERO!!!

You can say he's not a good pick, but don't say stupid things. I'm tired of this comparison. Esposito and Ribiero are totally different:

Ribs is a slow, but skilled playmaking center with soft hands
Espo is a fast (really fast) scoring center, who doesn't always use his teammates. And he has a lot of character (C of U-17 and U-18)

As for this mock, from a hab fan POV it's great! But I can't see Hamill going that late...

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think it might be good for Montreal if Esposito gets picked before them. Seems like a bunch of fans will be angry if the Habs pick him and the others will be angry if they let him slip past them.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'd be very happy if we wind up with both Esposito AND Hamill. I was expecting to have to choose between them with the #12 pick.

The Oilers somehow make out like kings in this one though.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany

Just what I was telling here and there since U-18.. Shattenkirk is a HORSE and McDonagh is damn good too. It's nice to share point of view with McKenzie ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->