2007 Russian Draft picks

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Cherepanov as 17 y.o. - 18 points (10g+8a) in 25 games so far.

Ovechkin as 17 y.o. - 15 points (8g+7a) in 40 games.
Malkin as 17 y.o. - 12 points (3g+9a) in 34 games.

:yo:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Can someone who has the opportunity to view the RSL on a consistent basis or has seen Cherepanov play please tell me why you think he isn't the consensus No.1 pick right now for what he has done? It is his lack of size? Speed? Anyone have an explanation? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Can someone who has the opportunity to view the RSL on a consistent basis or has seen Cherepanov play please tell me why you think he isn't the consensus No.1 pick right now for what he has done? It is his lack of size? Speed? Anyone have an explanation? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

he's on the small side but not that small and i've heard his skill level isnt elite despite the point totals, but with those numbers i dont know how he's not getting more recognition.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
he's on the small side but not that small and i've heard his skill level isnt elite despite the point totals, but with those numbers i dont know how he's not getting more recognition.

Thanks. Appreciate the input. Wow, it's really hard to imagine that his skill level isn't elite with those numbers. This guy must be having some great luck then. No love for this guy at all.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Under the new CBA, Georgy Gellashvilli cannot be drafted - he can only be signed as a free agent considering his 1983 birthyear. I am also surprised too see some absences such as Shvalev over Lange, Tikhonov over Zyuzin, etc... but I guess none of this is too important considering these players are unlikely to get drafted either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad