9. Alex Grant
10. Jimmy O'Brien
11. Michael Repik
12. Zach Hamill
13. Sam Gagne
14. Tyson Sexsmith
15. James Van Rymsdyke
i predict right now that gillies will be the biggest bust of this group
i have got to see him play several times but he doesnt seem anything above average

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
As far as 2007 eligible's go from the Lethbridge Hurricanes....

Dwight King, Justin Leclerc both have a shot at being first rounders.

Leclerc, a goalie, was outstanding as a 16 year old, I think he could be a 1st rounder if improves even slightly.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
there are many more with first round talent like:

OHL: Bryan Cameron, Zach Torquato

WHL: Thomas Hickey, Karl Alzner, Dryson Bowman, Branden Sutter, Eric Doyle, John Negrin, Dwight King

QMJHL: J-S Allard, Stephen Lund, Scott Brannon, Logan MacMillan, David Skokan and Maxime Gretchev (if both ever get their butts in gear for next year), M-A Laroche

USA: Kevin Shattenkirk, Patrick Kane, Teddy Ruth, Brad Malone, Michael Biega, John Albert, Ryan Hayes, Mike Hoeffel, Bill Sweat, Brad Phillips

Europe: Ondrej Roman, Oscar Moeller, David Stich, Juraj Valach

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
insider said:
Backlund will be first overall.

backlund is awsome eh...I think he is the closest thing to Peter Forsberg sweden will have come up with in the past few years. He IMO is way better than Backstrom for this years draft...way better.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
def. agree. I think he's better than Espo, and people will realize that next season.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
scoutman1 said:
1. Angelo Esposito
2. Mikael Backlund
3. Nick Petrecki
4. Colton Gillies
5. Logan Couture
6. Tristian Llewalynn
7. Mark Katic
8. Jakub Voracek
9. Alex Grant
10. Jimmy O'Brien
11. Michael Repik
12. Zach Hamill
13. Sam Gagne
14. Tyson Sexsmith
15. James Van Rymsdyke

pat kane will be a top 5-10 pick in my opinion. he will have every opportunity to succeed next year in london. i think he will score 100 points next season. you should add brandon sutter and bill sweatt. i doubt gillies and o'brien will go that high. van riemsdyk could also climb those rankings pretty quickly.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
habsfan15 said:
how strong is the 07 draft looking?
Good call, I was just going to ask this. From the sounds of the way people are talking about it though, it seems like a very strong draft and easilly better than this year's.

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
scoutman1 said:
backlund is awsome eh...I think he is the closest thing to Peter Forsberg sweden will have come up with in the past few years. He IMO is way better than Backstrom for this years draft...way better.
backstrom is an impressive player.. care to give details about Backlund? strengths, weaknesses, etc

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
BleedBlue44 said:
backstrom is an impressive player.. care to give details about Backlund? strengths, weaknesses, etc

strong, powerfull, has the puck on a string, doesn't panic, has great passing and playmaking, goes to the net and plays fineess all in one, skating is strong, fast and agilie, he isn't scared of rouhg play, has a good shot and has good hands around the net, excellent vision and awarness out there, helps out the defense as well. He can take over a game with offense.

The Little Swede

May 11, 2006
The Beach!
scoutman1 said:
strong, powerfull, has the puck on a string, doesn't panic, has great passing and playmaking, goes to the net and plays fineess all in one, skating is strong, fast and agilie, he isn't scared of rouhg play, has a good shot and has good hands around the net, excellent vision and awarness out there, helps out the defense as well. He can take over a game with offense.

I just hope that he continues to work hard and doesn't let the hype go to his head a la Pavel Brendl.

Murph1844

Apr 21, 2006
How is Nick Palmieri looking for the 2007 draft? Will he get drafted and how high? He played last year with the Erie Otters of the OHL. His stat line was 68 games, 13 goals, 10 assists, 23 points, 79 penalty minutes. I saw him play recently, he looked ok, but Im not sure how he looks for the draft.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
scoutman1 said:
1. Angelo Esposito
2. Mikael Backlund
3. Nick Petrecki
4. Colton Gillies
5. Logan Couture
6. Tristian Llewalynn
7. Mark Katic
8. Jakub Voracek
9. Alex Grant
10. Jimmy O'Brien
11. Michael Repik
12. Zach Hamill
13. Sam Gagne
14. Tyson Sexsmith
15. James Van Rymsdyke
Good list.....but Hamill is too low, IMO.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Good list.....but Hamill is too low, IMO.

yeah but who would you move down in order to raise Hamill? Hamill is good I agree, but IMO this whole draft is awsome for the 1sts two or three rounds.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Hickey from WHL T-Birds impressed me alot

...as a 16 year old in the WHL!

Donno about his size, actually, I have no clue what it is...but he played like he was 6'4 225, can play the body very well, not a huge hitter but he plays the body

He's got an offensive element to his game not unlike Mr. Dion. Very good at everything he does

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was impressed with Bill Sweat at the U-18's, only saw one game but he was always moving his feet with good speed.

From the Q, I thought Grant was really impressive and I liked what I saw from Lund.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
The day that Repik goes ahead of Hamill, I will laugh at the team choosing Repik.

Repik is great and all, but Hamill is a dominating player that changes a game, and was Everett's go to player besides Mueller this year. Repik, was a 3rd/4th guy, type deal.

Hamill will go top 5.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Fedz said:
The day that Repik goes ahead of Hamill, I will laugh at the team choosing Repik.

Repik is great and all, but Hamill is a dominating player that changes a game, and was Everett's go to player besides Mueller this year. Repik, was a 3rd/4th guy, type deal.

Hamill will go top 5.

Top 5, I think you might be over estimating Hamill now. He is great and all, but top 5 in this draft????? Repik is the 3rd or 4th guy because his team is extremley deep, I mean they are in the Memorial Cup, Hamill was on Everette I mean they had less talent to build around. Repik is a phenomanal scorer with exciting skills, Hamill is a 88 borthday as well and Repik is an 89, don't forget Hamill has already played a year in the WHL to understand the league and so on, Repik has not had that chance till this year.

Misos Milakos*

scoutman1 said:
Top 5, I think you might be over estimating Hamill now. He is great and all, but top 5 in this draft????? Repik is the 3rd or 4th guy because his team is extremley deep, I mean they are in the Memorial Cup, Hamill was on Everette I mean they had less talent to build around. Repik is a phenomanal scorer with exciting skills, Hamill is a 88 borthday as well and Repik is an 89, don't forget Hamill has already played a year in the WHL to understand the league and so on, Repik has not had that chance till this year.

no, Repik is also a late 88.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Is this the draft that Matt Esposito the goalie for the Silvertips is eligible for?

If he is whats peoples take on him, because he really really impressed me with his quickness and agility vs. the Giants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad