2007 NHL All Rookie Team ???

Gapper

Jan 3, 2007
What a weak year for rookie goalies, only two goalies with over 5 wins

CBJFan22

Feb 5, 2004
Is there an age limit on rookies? If not, then Freddy Norrena from the Jackets should have a shot (over 20 wins) at goalie

Bam Beet*

How about Peter Budaj? I think he is still a rookie.

Malkin-Stastny-Kopitar

Vlasic-Carle

Budaj

Walzy

How about Peter Budaj? I think he is still a rookie.

LOL
no, he isn't :D

and the age limit is 26, so no Norrena and Backstrom

Smith has 21 games so far, besides him, only Halak (11), Toivonen (16), Brust (11) and Cash (11) have played more than 10

right now i think it's pretty clear for Smith, clearly the best stats of all

so i agree with the topic starter and his selection

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
Defense seems to be the only area with any competition this year. Big 3 at forward and Smith the only rookie with a shot in goal. I'd say Vlasic and Carle/Smid. on D

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
What about Jordan Staal? I think he deserves a little more respect than alot of people give him, 29 goals and a + player. If Rick Nash was a ROY candidate, Jordan Staal should definately have some consideration.

Randall Graves*

What about Jordan Staal? I think he deserves a little more respect than alot of people give him, 29 goals and a + player. If Rick Nash was a ROY candidate, Jordan Staal should definately have some consideration.
Welp he's probably better defensively than Matt Carle :sarcasm:

Rask Decisions

Don't take it too seriously
Jul 6, 2006
Keansburg NJ
No Hannu Toivonen love? :sarcasm:

Anyways, I think the original post pretty much nailed it. Staal is a really good player and all but there's no room here and you can't put him in over Malkin, Stastny, or Kopitar. =/

GSK*

Halak should be playing the next 6 habs games...

If so, he would may be get a chance over Smith.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
not a bad crop of players, but I have to agree with some of the above, and say Staal belongs in there.

f-Malkin
f-Stastny
f-Staal
d-Carle
d-Whitney- I am not sure if he is still eligible, I dont remember off hand how many games he played last season, but if so, he definitely needs to be there.
g- ummmm, who cares, there hasn't been anyone in this category all year. Down year for rook goalies.

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
not a bad crop of players, but I have to agree with some of the above, and say Staal belongs in there.

f-Malkin
f-Stastny
f-Staal
d-Carle
d-Whitney- I am not sure if he is still eligible, I dont remember off hand how many games he played last season, but if so, he definitely needs to be there.
g- ummmm, who cares, there hasn't been anyone in this category all year. Down year for rook goalies.

Whitney played 68 last year - limit is 20 i think.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
There is no possible way that Staal belongs on the list over Kopitar. This year, Kopitar has been a major impact player on the Kings, who've had little else to smile about, all things considered. Stastny too has played a huge role in the Avs' success.

It's tough to leave such a great prospect like Staal off the list, but this year's simply had an amazing crop of rookie forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->