2007 Hockey's Future staff mock draft

JA87-66-99

May 31, 2007
I just hope the Penguins get one of these players.Mayorov,Backlund,Petrecki,or Sutter. I know Backlund is a long shot.Plus he's a Center and were already loaded at that position.But if he's as skilled as they say then take him. You can never have too much skill. I think we need a goal scoring Winger and Mayorov probably best fits that bill out of the players in our draft range. We could definately use another solid defensive prospect in Petrecki. And every championship team needs players like Sutter. I really hope we dont take Gillies.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Well now that its all said and done...

Columbus got Voracek at #7 was picked #6 in this mock
Legien at #37 was picked #23 in this mock
Mayorov at #94 was picked #13 in this mock

I would have to say if you folks are worth your salt, we did pretty good in this draft.
As hosts our facilities and draft events over the weekend got rave reviews, and Howson apparently did pretty well in his first draft as GM.

Could you folks all comment on this? Who among you attended and what were your impressions of Columbus as an expansion town?

What do you think of the picks we got, and did we meet our needs? Fan's seemed to anticipate more needs for defensemen in the system and that is the one area we didn't get alot. Will Weber, is said to be one of the better athletes in the entire draft so I think this guy has the size and ability to really become a great pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->