2007 Hockey's Future staff mock draft

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
It's quite amazing how this entire board has become idiots with regards to Cherepanov, and all because of Kyle Woodlief of all people. I suppose next year a prospect will get dumped on because of a bad scouting report by Eklund. :sarcasm:
I can't believe how many people here fall for Woodlief's BS. He's an attention ***** and the idiots here somehow take it as gospel.

Hockey's Future said:
After all, they've had luck in the past with questionable Russians (see Kostitsyn, Andrei and his seizures).
Yeah, that was an absolutely great pick!

As for the mock draft, if the Flyers got both Turris and Eller, I'd cream my pants. Too bad there is no chance of that happening.

fong p88

Jul 24, 2006
Saskatchewan
If Petrecki is available at 15 for the Oilers and they take another defenseman over him I would be livid. Nothing against Plante but he is not a top 20 guy in this draft and there are 3 for sure (arguably 5 or 6) defenseman that I would love to have over him. Good for Florida if they get Couture at 10.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Wow, I don't think Colorado will take an offensive defensemen at 14 when they have so many in their system and he is not even the best player avaliable.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I really hope that the Ducks wouldn't pass Hamill if available, especially if Jon Blum's gone. Getzlaf-Hamill would be an amazing 1-2 punch for the future, and I could see him fitting in nicely with Bobby Ryan and Chris Kunitz.

justdanickoftime*

no way the caps pick gagner, most likey azner if he is there or vorcek

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
No disrespect to the acting GM's who drafted...but as Habnot said, if Espo falls to number 12 and the Habs draft Cherapanov, a so called problem child of his own and not from Montreal. Then lock up the women and hide your children away because it's may get ugly in the streets.

malyk

Apr 15, 2007
The City by the Bay
no way the caps pick gagner, most likey azner if he is there or vorcek

If voracek is there I bet they take him. I really hope that they take ganger over alzner though. They are very weak at center in the organization and strong on defense.

ovie-backstrom-???
semin-gagner-???

in a few years would be outstanding.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Cherapanov will not still be there at #12 and that may be a good thing for him and the Habs. Carbonneau and Russians don't mix, especially lazy ones. Samsonov is gone, Kovalev is on his way out, Perezhogin (not lazy btw) is out of the NHL completely, Kostysyn was stuck in Hamilton most of the year while Garth Murray played in Montreal.

If they do draft Esposito, I think Carbo will guide him and make him into a good creative two way player if Esposito can mature quickly enough and handle not being the star of the team as he always has been.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Cherapanov will not still be there at #12 and that may be a good thing for him and the Habs. Carbonneau and Russians don't mix, especially lazy ones. Samsonov is gone, Kovalev is on his way out, Perezhogin (not lazy btw) is out of the NHL completely, Kostysyn was stuck in Hamilton most of the year while Garth Murray played in Montreal.

If they do draft Esposito, I think Carbo will guide him and make him into a good creative two way player if Esposito can mature quickly enough and handle not being the star of the team as he always has been.
Hahahaha! The king of lazy hooking penalties.

SouthFLFan79

Feb 2, 2007
Alexei Cherapanev with the time and risk, Angelo Esposito with the risk/reward, Logan Couture with the safe pick

gotta wonder which would be best

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
If voracek is there I bet they take him. I really hope that they take ganger over alzner though. They are very weak at center in the organization and strong on defense.

ovie-backstrom-???
semin-gagner-???

in a few years would be outstanding.

Fehr is RW. I hope he developes...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Canes taking Shattenkirk over Hamill, Esposito and Cherepanov? disgusting, thankfully it probably won't happen.

With Rutherford's affinity for defensemen out of the U.S. college ranks and with a dearth of top offensive defensemen in the system, you could wager a fair amount that a guy like Shattenkirk will be heavily considered.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
With Rutherford's affinity for defensemen out of the U.S. college ranks and with a dearth of top offensive defensemen in the system, you could wager a fair amount that a guy like Shattenkirk will be heavily considered.

Canes don't have a top end offensive defenseman, however they have a plethora of two way guys in the system. Babin, Lawson, McBain, Flood even arguably Vojta, Gleason and Carson. However the only two d-men in the system that really fit the physical defenseman description are Gleason and Commodore, a guy like Petrecki would fit the Canes needs a bit more then a guy like Shattenkirk if they're looking for a blueliner in the first. Basically I'm not saying the Canes don't need an offensive defenseman, I'd just rank it behind goaltending as what the team needs the least in this draft. If there's a top end forward on the board like Espo or Cherepanov and the Canes pass for an offensive d-man, something is severely wrong with their scouting department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad