2007 Hobey Baker Award candidates

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
To anyone in the know:

Who has been the better performer thus far between Kevin Porter and T.J. Hensick? Is one reliant on the other? Do they depend on each other? Or are they both playing well independent of one another?

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Trevor Smith as an honorable mention?? what a joke. He has been in the top 2 of insidecollegehockeys hobey tracker all season.

Even if he is the leading scorer, he won't win it as a soph., but come on. Look at games played as well as just points scored next time.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Why is Cory Schneider not on the list?

I'd say its cause he's 19th in the nation in GAA, 16th in SV% and 19th in win %

Goalies typically have to put up miniscual numbers to be considered for the Hobey, and his numbers just don't stack up with Brown's and Fallon's.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Two blackhawks prospects in there aswell, that's good to see.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
To anyone in the know:

Who has been the better performer thus far between Kevin Porter and T.J. Hensick? Is one reliant on the other? Do they depend on each other? Or are they both playing well independent of one another?
They play together on the top line. If you're talking about the better performer offensively, I'd say TJ. All-around, Porter, though TJ has shown some defensive improvement. A lot of Porter's goals have been set up by Hensick. I don't think it matters who TJ plays with, as long as they have their stick on the ice they'll have a chance of scoring a goal. His passing skills have been amazing, and Porter could probably have a half dozen or more goals this season on missed opportunities setup by TJ.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Hmm from what I had/have heard he was doing well I guess not so much. If he is doing so bad though, why is he still regarded so highly?
Jack has been doing great this season, and I wouldn't say Michigan is "loaded." Top heavy, yes, but once you get past that second line, the talent level (and points) tail off considerably.

Anywho, when it comes to Hobey voting, as usual they tend to look at one thing...who has put up the most points. Jack can dominate all he wants on the ice defensively, but if he doesn't put up 40+ points, like the last three defensemen to win the Hobey, they probably won't consider him.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Jack has been doing great this season, and I wouldn't say Michigan is "loaded." Top heavy, yes, but once you get past that second line, the talent level (and points) tail off considerably.

Anywho, when it comes to Hobey voting, as usual they tend to look at one thing...who has put up the most points. Jack can dominate all he wants on the ice defensively, but if he doesn't put up 40+ points, like the last three defensemen to win the Hobey, they probably won't consider him.

That's basically it, in the race for the Hobey, numbers rule and right now, Johnson just doesn't have the numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad