Taylor Mattson
Jordy Christian
Vince LoVerde
Anthony Miani
Max Strang

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
One kid to watch out for that hasn't been mentioned.

Zach Boychuk....with the Hurricanes here in Lethbridge.

I believe he led all WHL 16 year olds in scoring last year, or may have been 2nd, either way it was impressive. He is pretty tiny but I'm expecting him to put up huge numbers this year. Dwight King is a guy who's always been highly touted. Justin Leclerc and Ryan Kerr means a big draft year for the Canes in 2007.

dell

Oct 5, 2005
They also just added Josh Gionfriddo from Red Deer. Really solid player. Hope he stays healthy this year.

Jori

I believe he led all WHL 16 year olds in scoring last year, or may have been 2nd, either way it was impressive. He is pretty tiny but I'm expecting him to put up huge numbers this year. Dwight King is a guy who's always been highly touted. Justin Leclerc and Ryan Kerr means a big draft year for the Canes in 2007.

Any relation to Johnny Boychuk?

colman

Jul 7, 2006

Since we are talking about small guys two that should get a good look is Vlad NIkiforv of the Bariie Colts of theOHL and James Marcou of the Waterloo Blackhawks of the ushl.Both are highly skilled and should put up good nummbers this year watch for them

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

I am pretty sure he is a late B-Day, not ranked untill 2008.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Since we are talking about small guys two that should get a good look is Vlad NIkiforv of the Bariie Colts of theOHL and James Marcou of the Waterloo Blackhawks of the ushl.Both are highly skilled and should put up good nummbers this year watch for them

Good call on Nikiforov...Even thought he's really small, I can't believe he was passed over. The Colts will be dangerous on the PP next year, with Nikiforov and Little as PP QB's.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I noticed that Kurtis Mucha was listed in Crosby=Gretzky's list, I didn't think he was eligible until '08? If he is indeed '07 eligible what are the chances of him getting into the first round? I'll admit that my viewing of him is limited but at Game 5 against the Giants in the playoffs he was flat out unbelievable. He's definitely going to be one of the players that I pay close attention during the WHL season this year.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I noticed that Kurtis Mucha was listed in Crosby=Gretzky's list, I didn't think he was eligible until '08? If he is indeed '07 eligible what are the chances of him getting into the first round? I'll admit that my viewing of him is limited but at Game 5 against the Giants in the playoffs he was flat out unbelievable. He's definitely going to be one of the players that I pay close attention during the WHL season this year.

Looked at his birth date he is rated for 2007 draft. The cut off for the draft date is September 15th. He was born in like June or somthing like that, unless they made an error on both Hockeydb and the WHL site. But looks like he is 2007 ranked.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Looked at his birth date he is rated for 2007 draft. The cut off for the draft date is September 15th. He was born in like June or somthing like that, unless they made an error on both Hockeydb and the WHL site. But looks like he is 2007 ranked.

Yep that's right, June 3rd. scoutman, do you see Mucha going in the first round? The first round seems to be really deep, and the whole draft too.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I would not hesitate to put Akim Aliu in there, only played the 2nd half of the season thanks to the Hazing incident in Winsor, but showed definit talent, and looked great in the playoffs despite not putting up numbers. With Sudbury losing Pouliot most likely, i could see Aliu putting up 70-90 points and 150ish PIMs, plays like a less skilled, more mean version of Okposo.

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Could someone give me more info on Jeff Parkes?

Also these players could be added to the list by Crosby=Gretzky:
Louie Caporusso
Alexei Pianosi
Mike Hoeffel
Justin McCrae
Brett Bruneteau
Luke Pither
Matt Fillier
Raffael D'Orso
Dustin Sylvester
Colton Grant
Matthew Kang
Anthony Peluso
Adam Estoclet
John Muse
Max Pacioretty
Nick Bonino
Andrew Glass
Derrick Pallis

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
Could someone give me more info on Jeff Parkes?

Also these players could be added to the list by Crosby=Gretzky:
Louie Caporusso
Alexei Pianosi
Mike Hoeffel
Justin McCrae
Brett Bruneteau
Luke Pither
Matt Fillier
Raffael D'Orso
Dustin Sylvester
Colton Grant
Matthew Kang
Anthony Peluso
Adam Estoclet
John Muse
Max Pacioretty
Nick Bonino
Andrew Glass
Derrick Pallis

thanks alot...are any of these guys overages that has been passed over in previous drafts? cause i'm only taking first time eligible players into consideration.

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
I do not think any of these players are overagers. Here are their DOB:
Louie Caporusso - 6/21/1989
Alexei Pianosi - 2/22/1989
Mike Hoeffel - 4/9/1989
Justin McCrae - 10/30/1988
Brett Bruneteau - 1/5/1989
Luke Pither - 4/26/1989
Matt Fillier - 10/5/1988
Raffael D'Orso - 2/2/1989
Dustin Sylvester - 1/5/1989
Colton Grant - 3/20/1989
Matthew Kang - 11/9/1988
Anthony Peluso - 4/18/1989
Adam Estoclet - 3/24/1989
John Muse - 8/1/1988
Max Pacioretty - 11/20/1988
Nick Bonino - 4/20/1988
Andrew Glass - 7/14/1989
Derrick Pallis - 9/28/1989

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Good call on Nikiforov...Even thought he's really small, I can't believe he was passed over. The Colts will be dangerous on the PP next year, with Nikiforov and Little as PP QB's.

nikiforov was one of the most skilled players available for the 06 draft, but central scouting listed him at 5'5" which is very very small. if he doesnt get drafted, i think a team will sign him, and on skill alone he can become a solid nhl player, regardless of size.

colman

Jul 7, 2006
thanks alot...are any of these guys overages that has been passed over in previous drafts? cause i'm only taking first time eligible players into consideration.

Garret Roe Kevin Deeth and James Marcou from USHL should be added to the list.HF draft review has them right there in last years top 30.All 3 should be in 07 Draft

heatley15

Dwight King is gonna be lighting it up like theres no tomorrow this year...wait and watch!

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Ruslan Bashkirov caught my eye at the U18's. Anyone know where he stacks up?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
What do you guys think of J.S. Allard from Quebec? He looked a little bit like Lecavalier at the U-17's but haven't heard anything of him since.

he was used very sparingley for St John's last year, was not given a role that would allow him to play much. I am expecting big things from him this year, he was a prime talent who could rise up to be a top 15 pick in the draft. The guy is ultra skilled, sick puck handler and vision with a good scoring touch and a flair for the spectacular to go along with size and good skating, he is not scared to throw a hit either.

agent

Jul 15, 2006
saskatchewan
I'm putting together a list of the top eligible players for the 07 draft. Right now, it contains 98 players(hopefully I will have 210 names come draft day). I thought I post it. Could you guys tell me who to add, and who to take away?
you might want to add the two 16 yr olds on the MJ warriors who made it all the way to the WHL finals. Ehrhardt was one of their better defenceman and Bast score the teams first playoff goal in the Brandon series also 2 goals in less than a minute against the Broncos

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->