2007 Draft-Go out on a limb

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's not a very long limb to go out on, I admit, but I have a hunch that Phoenix will take Alzner with the #3 pick.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
A bit crazy, not going to happen, but what the heck. I only have one out-on-a-limb prediction.

If Logan Couture is around when the Habs have their 1st pick Montreal will deal that pick in a package to get Wade Redden.

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
It's not a very long limb to go out on, I admit, but I have a hunch that Phoenix will take Alzner with the #3 pick.

I really, really, really doubt this.

But it is the Coyotes, and if they did I would abandon this franchise.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Montreal trades their 12th (maybe 22nd as well) pick in a major trade!...

if they pick anyone in the first round, it will be Esposito (trading up with Columbus).

Randall Graves*

Max Pacriotty goes in the top 10(I hope he's available to the Ducks but I think someone higher will take a chance on his very nice upside)

Blues077

Jun 7, 2006
With the 5th pick in the draft. The St. Louis Blues select Cherepanov. Trade with Washington? Backman 24th & 26th picks? With the 9th pick in the draft the St. Louis Blues select Esposito. Beginning in October 2008, Andy Murray forms the CEO LINE. Cherepanov, Esposito and Oshie. :naughty: Wishful thinking on my part.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
1) Calgary trades up from #18 to draft Brandon Sutter, by shipping Matthew Lombardi and their pick to make it happen .

2) Boston trades up from #8 to draft defenseman Keaton Ellerby at 6th by shipping Hannu Toivonen to the Oilers ..

3 ) Kevin Lowe then trades all 3 of his 1st round picks to the San Jose Sharks for Patrick Marleau.

4) Sergei Korostin -RW - Dynamo Moscow (Rus 2) is the sleeper pick and sneaks into the last few picks of the 1st round.

5) The Bashkirov twins will be drafted by the same NHL team.
Pretty bold prediction considering theres not one player in the draft worth Lombardi and Brandon Sutter most likely will be around when the Flames pick 18th.

ukyote

User, Interrupted
Dec 19, 2005
London, England
-Someone goes WAY off the board in the 11-20 picks and sends everyone scrambling for scouting guides.
-Patrick Kane doesn't go first or second.
-Edmonton ends up with 1 first round pick out of 3 by the end of the round.

This is what I'm afraid of... we all know how the Yotes like to take this route (need I list them all, but most recently Blake Wheeler).

edit: If I were to go out on a limb I'd say we pick at least 1 unexpected forward in the fist round. We definitely won't select any d early.

Last edited:

JohnnyReb

Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
Good thread!

My out-on-the-limbers:

* Brandon Sutter gets drafted before Alexie Cherepanov

* Sam Gagner falls out of the top 10

* Dave Perron falls out of the first round. Maybe out of the second round too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad