2007 Draft-Go out on a limb

Default101

- Katic won't go until the 4th round. I know he's slid in some ratings, but a lot of the mocks I see around here still have him late in the first or atleast early in the second.

-Detroit will pick a north American in the first round

No way he drops that far, what happened to the last 2 small defencemen that dropped, Kris Letang and Kris Russel, his first name may not be Kris but he's a great small defenceman and there is no way he drops out of the mid 2nd round, and he could go as high as 21 IMO.... He was a critical part for team canada in the under 18's, Sarnia never gave him a shot on the powerplay, but with canada he was on the top PP with Doughty, he is not the offensive defenceman that Russell is, and is not the leader that Letang is, but he is better skating and defensively than the other 2, and i think GM's have seen waht these guys have done, and see them again in Katic, and in a draft like this there is no way he will drop to the 4th round.

Default101

Cherepanov goes 2nd Overall to Philly
Boston and Toronto Make a deal swapping 1st round picks, Toronto takes Esposito at #8 and Boston takes Blum at 13
Colorado takes Petricki over the highly predicted Sweatt
With nothing to lose Anaheim takes Eller at 16
Calgary goes off the board to take Sutter at 18 (i guess wouldn't be a suprise)
Tommy Cross goes top 20 (19th to Minnesota)
Mark Katic goes first round (21st to Phoenix)
Mayorov drops out of the top 20 (22nd to Montreal)
Repik is taken 1st round (25th to Vancouver)
Jeremy Smith is first goalie taken (27th to Detroit)

Hotstreak

Jul 18, 2005
Montreal drafts a goalie in the 1st with Esposito still on the bored; thousands of angry Hab fans storm the Bell Centre calling for Gainey's head. 2 years later, said goalie shaters multiple CHL records on his way to winning the memorial cup, and thousands of Hab fans post thousands of threads about how Gainey is a god.:sarcasm:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Montreal drafts a goalie in the 1st with Esposito still on the bored; thousands of angry Hab fans storm the Bell Centre calling for Gainey's head. 2 years later, said goalie shaters multiple CHL records on his way to winning the memorial cup, and thousands of Hab fans post thousands of threads about how Gainey is a god.:sarcasm:

yea if they had just taken brule we woulda gotten anze...thatsa good one though :yo:

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Two goalies go in the first round.
Eller and Backlund are both drafted ahead of Espo.
One of the teams in the top ten goes way off the boards and will have us all going: huh:huh:
Detroit picks atleast three swedes.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
1) Given that there isn't a consensus top 5, I can see a lot of swapping between teams in those positions, in efforts to try and get the player they truly want. Thus, I think 3 picks in the Top 10 will be interchanged.

2) I can see a goalie go in the first round. Enough teams have goaltending as a priority that they will make the pick, despite no goalie being ranked as first round material.

3) Colton Gillies will fall out of the first round. I thought he was much better than his stats suggested given his size and pedigree, but all the scouting reports seem to suggest otherwise

4) Lars Eller will go in the top 10. His hype seems to be rising.

5) Canadiens will take a high school defenseman for the second straight year (although, I hope not)

6) Esposito to Columbus.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Montreal gets Kyle Turris with 12th overall and then snatches Karl Alzner up with #22. They follow that up by drafting Lars Eller and Keaton Eleerby with their next two picks. Esposito goes to them in 5th round while Gillies in the 6th.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
1) Calgary trades up from #18 to draft Brandon Sutter, by shipping Matthew Lombardi and their pick to make it happen .

2) Boston trades up from #8 to draft defenseman Keaton Ellerby at 6th by shipping Hannu Toivonen to the Oilers ..

3 ) Kevin Lowe then trades all 3 of his 1st round picks to the San Jose Sharks for Patrick Marleau.

4) Sergei Korostin -RW - Dynamo Moscow (Rus 2) is the sleeper pick and sneaks into the last few picks of the 1st round.

5) The Bashkirov twins will be drafted by the same NHL team.

Last edited:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Two goalies go in the first round.
Eller and Backlund are both drafted ahead of Espo.
One of the teams in the top ten goes way off the boards and will have us all going: huh:huh:
Detroit picks atleast three swedes.

thats not going out on a limb, thats a sure thing;)

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Cherepanov goes 1st or 2nd overall.

Esposito goes 7th to Columbus, home crowd boos him ( I know I will since I'll be there).

Lars Eller drops out of the top 10 which is going out on a limb now considering his hype.

Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i goes top 20.

Ellerby drops farther than anyone expected.

Alzner doesn't go top 10 either.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Philly draft JVR
Alzner draft 4th by L.A.
Esposito 7 or 8
Montréal will draft David Perron 12th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad