2007 Calder Trophy Winner is.....?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Malkin, if he's in the NHL. I expect he'll eventually win it anyways, because he's going to be over at some point before age 25.

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
chiefmonarch said:
I think Radulovs getting bit to much hype these days. Im not convinced hes the next great russian, but he looks to me to be more like the next Brendl. Hopefully Im wrong but we'll see.

Malkin is the runaway favorite if he comes over. Without Malkin in the league, Patty O'Sullivan has a good shot at winning. Kopitar is my homer pick depending on the ice time he earns with the Kings.
What justifies him being the next Pavel Brendl?

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
wildone26 said:
Robbie Schremp was deemed by the U.S coaches at the World juniors to not be good enough to play on the top two lines of even that team, and not to be good enough to be one of the players not on the bench when he shortened his bench to 6 forwards. He was not even deemed to be one of the 6 best forwards on a U.S team that came only 4th at the World juniors. Yet you think he will win the Calder?

Well...he did almost make an Edmonton team last training camp that is currently 1 win away from being in the Stanley Cup Finals. I'd hope he improved even a little bit since last year.

turnbuckle*

LeNeveu
Kaigorodov
Kostitsyn
Fehr
Tambellini
Malkin
Olesz
Picard
Radulov
Zajac
Wolski
Schremp
O'Sullivan
Ryan
Johnson
Brule
Staal

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
turnbuckle said:
LeNeveu
Kaigorodov
Kostitsyn
Fehr
Tambellini
Malkin

Picard
Radulov
Zajac
Wolski
Schremp
O'Sullivan
Ryan

Brule
Staal
Which Johnson?

Olesz is not eligible. Add Kopitar, Carle, Coburn and Eriksson as possible candidates.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
wildone26 said:
Robbie Schremp was deemed by the U.S coaches at the World juniors to not be good enough to play on the top two lines of even that team, and not to be good enough to be one of the players not on the bench when he shortened his bench to 6 forwards. He was not even deemed to be one of the 6 best forwards on a U.S team that came only 4th at the World juniors. Yet you think he will win the Calder?

This could be due to the fact that he plays in the CHL I also heard they did the same with Bob Ryan who also plays in the CHL so you cant really base it off the fact that the coaches didnt like him.

Bam Beet*

Legionnaire said:
Playing with Svatos? :huh:
You know.... MAREK SVATOS.
He only scored 32 goals in 61 games. Oh wait he got injured so everybody must have forgot about him. :shakehead

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Sakic's-A-Legend said:
You know.... MAREK SVATOS.
He only scored 32 goals in 61 games. Oh wait he got injured so everybody must have forgot about him. :shakehead

I'm well aware of who he is. It's just that he's not even close to being the Av's best player. I would say something like, "Imagine him playing with Sakic :amazed: or Tanguay" far before I'd say Svatos.

Default101

suprised O'Sullivan hasn't been meantioned till lately...

#1 - Evgeni Malkin
#2 - Gilbert Brule
#3 - Hannu Toivonen
#4 - Patrick O'Sullivan
#5 - Robbie Schremp

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
turnbuckle said:

Interesting. If Cujo ends up missing alot of time with injury, and LeNeveu really shines, it is a possibility. Especially if Phoenix makes some shrewd acquisitions and ends up in the post season, next year.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
rt said:
Interesting. If Cujo ends up missing alot of time with injury, and LeNeveu really shines, it is a possibility. Especially if Phoenix makes some shrewd acquisitions and ends up in the post season, next year.

Phoenix has a solid team. I'd say if Nagy had been healthy, they definitely would have been challenging for the playoffs.

LaNeuveu looked really sharp at times-and others he looked like a rookie. If he makes the same progress he did after his first season in the A next season in the NHL, he should be a contender for sure.

McLeod73

Feb 6, 2004
wildone26 said:

And that team came 4th.....perhaps they would have been higher if Schremp played more, one will never know.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
Marcel the great! said:
:D ouch! but seriously Kostytsin showed signs last year of why he was drafted 10th back in 03, and playing with Koivu or Kovalev.. you never know, next year could be his year

kostitsyn will have a similar rookie campagnais of higgins i think !!! imo that would be great

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
veronesepk said:
What justifies him being the next Pavel Brendl?
Both were outstanding offensive players in juniors. Both have a questionable work ethic. Brendl in Calgary wasnt big on backchecking or playing D, cherry picker was a good description. The same can be said for Radulov in the games I have seen. The other thing I wonder is how many points hed have on a team that wasnt known to run up the score in the Q, thats not a reflection of the player just a curiousity I have. Like I said I hope hes not the next Brendl, only time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad