Jake Virtanen Part X: WJC 2016 RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
For sure he is going to Calgary he can't even be a mediocre player on team Canada he was by far the worst player

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Has to be going back to junior. Can't imagine him getting back to the NHL this season.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He was actually having an excellent 2nd period and then he goes and takes a ridiculously selfish and stupid penalty, seriously what was the purpose of it?

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Hope Jake goes back to Calgary and actually develops. He's evidently very, very far away from it but our team absolutely needs him to realize his full potential.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
You'd think it would have been near impossible to make this pick seem worse than it already is but then he has a game like this.

It's not even his fault - management and their idiotic notion thinking that he is a 6th overall pick was the bad decision in the first place. Home town boy, who the f cares. We want an effective, skilled player at that pick, not some third-fourth liner who has limited hockey sense. So hard to get behind a team that thinks so backwards like this.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
All the tools, no toolbox.

Those are some of the things that are very tough to develop.

I hope for his sake he has some thick skin... because I'd imagine even a lot of Canucks fans dislike this guy.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
All the tools, no toolbox.

Those are some of the things that are very tough to develop.

I hope for his sake he has some thick skin... because I'd imagine even a lot of Canucks fans dislike this guy.
honestly it doesn't even appear as he has all the tools these days, he's a completely different player than he was in his draft year, just hasn't been the same since shoulder surgery.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
No hockey iq. We missed the boat with nylander.

It happens tho

GAT0R

Jul 16, 2014
honestly it doesn't even appear as he has all the tools these days, he's a completely different player than he was in his draft year, just hasn't been the same since shoulder surgery.

the shoulder bone is not connected to the brain bone. He's just not smart.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Omg people.Give the kid a break.The goaltending sucked the whole tournament and Dave Lowery sucks as a coach.Time,,give the kid some time.Im not giving up on him i still think he is going to be a good one for us.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I really like Virtanen, but he is looking less and less like a 6th overall pick. I love physical players, and I love players who get under the skin of the opposing team. Virtanen has all the tools, but he just doesn't seem to be that good right now. Wish we didn't pick the 'big home grown power forward' instead of the skill players we needed to replace the Sedins.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
If Virtanen takes penalties for being overaggressive then at least you can rationalize it since the IIHF is much more strict. These were just stupid penalties, well away from our own zone. Getting outmuscled at the end of the game was just the cherry on top.

He's done nothing since being drafted that warrants a first round selection, never mind a 6th overall one.

GAT0R

Jul 16, 2014
Could've been Nylander or Ehlers whom I was 100% sure would be picked and then they pick some local kid who's only reason for scoring a slew of goals was because he had a mans body and he was playing against children. No amount of junior or AHL is going to season him enough.

The blame is on Benning who is the worst GM in the last 20 years for Vancouver.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
maybe if Lowry gets a job as the coach in Vancouver, JV can continue this new found success he has.

Lowry lived and died with his WHL boys.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Could've been Nylander or Ehlers whom I was 100% sure would be picked and then they pick some local kid who's only reason for scoring a slew of goals was because he had a mans body and he was playing against children. No amount of junior or AHL is going to season him enough.

The blame is on Benning who is the worst GM in the last 20 years for Vancouver.

But Lucic and Benn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad