2006 World Junior groups (Elite level) in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Fedz said:
My early predictions:
3G, 8D, 15F

Goalie: Julien-Ellis Plante, Devan Dubnyk
Defense: Cam Barker, Kyle Wharton, Mark Fistric, Mike Card, Wes O'Neill, Andy Rogers, Ryan Parent, Patrick McNeill, Kris Russell
Forwards: Sidney Crosby, Kyle Chipchura, Dustin Boyd, Gilbert Brule, Wojtek Wolski, Brock Bradford, Bryan Little, Andrew Cogliano, Ryan O'Marra, David Bolland, Alex Bourret, Benoit Pouliot.

No Guillame Latendresse?

Isles72 said:
I hate to start new threads so I'll ask this question here .

Who are the early favs to make up Team Canada next season ?

Will there be enough talent to compete with some of the other teams who have more players returning than Canada ? (Crosby + ? etc..)

:(

I'll give it a shot.

Devan Dubnyk
Julien Ellis-Plante

Cam Barker
Luc Bourdon
Mike Card
Wes O'Neill
Kris Russell
Jeff Schultz
Marc Staal

David Bolland
Dustin Boyd
Alex Bourret
Gilbert Brule
Kyle Chipchura
Kris Chucko
Chris Durand
Ryan Garlock
Evan McGrath
Ryan O'Marra
Benoit Pouliot
Liam Reddox
Wojtek Wolski

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
Doomsday Device said:
I'll give it a shot.

Devan Dubnyk
Julien Ellis-Plante

Cam Barker
Luc Bourdon
Mike Card
Wes O'Neill
Kris Russell
Jeff Schultz
Marc Staal

David Bolland
Dustin Boyd
Alex Bourret
Gilbert Brule
Kyle Chipchura
Kris Chucko
Chris Durand
Ryan Garlock
Evan McGrath
Ryan O'Marra
Benoit Pouliot
Liam Reddox
Wojtek Wolski

Jonathon Toews may be one I add to the list. He probably won't be playing in the CHL but he is a good young player. He is currently playing for the Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep team. It is also likely, and he is on the aforementioned list, Cam Barker will return to Medicine Hat for a fourth and possibly final season in the dub, even if NHL hockey resumes. In my opinion, it will be a dogfight between him and Anton Babchuk for a spot as the Hawks seventh defencemen. Inexperience will likely haunt the Canadians early, but they will get stronger towards the end. I am predicting a silver, and a loss to the Finns in the finals.

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Puckhead said:
Cocky has very little to do with it. The Canadians back it all up on the ice. Now no one is picking Canada to repeat next year, but anything can happen. Besides, I respect every team and every fan of every country, but you don't really think Norway makes the top 3 do you?
If we can take down the Canadian mens team, I can`t see why we shouldn`t be able to do the same with the junior team...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:
I don't know how next year for you guy's will be a better defence? I mean, Lee absolutely did not play and it was a HUGE mistake by the USA brass to even bring him to the tourney! Johnson, Johnson, Lee and Sauer will all be 18 or younger and fairly inexperienced and be about he same age as Canada'a defence. Up front, Kessel will only be 18 and will not dominate the tournament by any means. Ovechkin didn't dominate at 18 and was very good this year, but not the difference maker.

I was just throwing some names out there, there are other guys like Mike Brennan and A.J. Thelen that will make their mark as well.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Canada's team doesn't impress me at all at this point, clearly an off-year for Canucks IMHO.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Rabid Ranger said:
I was just throwing some names out there, there are other guys like Mike Brennan and A.J. Thelen that will make their mark as well.

correct.....its not hard to trump this year defense, maybe if they picked the right guys; (suter, thelen, lashoff, byfuglien, borer, lewis, fitzgerald, nickerson, hagemo) then it would be tough, but assuming they do a better job in player selection, it will definitely be a better group then this years.

JetLi

Apr 19, 2004
Sweden
Roman Voloshenko,Enver Lisin,Denis Parshin,Sergei Shirokov,Mikhail Yunkov,Alexander Radulov,Alexei Yemelin,Evgeni Malkin,Anton Belov and Anton Khudobin will return for Russia

Mountain Dude

rangers said:
If we can take down the Canadian mens team, I can`t see why we shouldn`t be able to do the same with the junior team...

And when exactly did that happen?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Canada and Russia will both be significantly weaker if there is an NHL season; they will lose the two best players eligible for next year's tournament (Crosby and Malkin).

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Mountain Dude said:
Impressive, they managed to beat Team Canada C once in the prelims. :lol

This guy wrote the book on classiness. What are you, 8 years old?

Last edited:

Mountain Dude

Boucicaut said:
This guy wrote the book on classiness. What are you, 8 years old?

Telling like it isn't doesn't mean your classless, definetly not politically correct, but not classless.

Hagar

Feb 27, 2002
Vernon B.C.
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
Wow. players like Crosby and Kessel are probably licking their chops at the prospects of facing friggin' Norway.

Don't be so sure; they may be somewhere else during the tournament.

Don't count out anyone!

Hagar

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Epsilon said:
Canada and Russia will both be significantly weaker if there is an NHL season; they will lose the two best players eligible for next year's tournament (Crosby and Malkin).
Pittsburgh will have to buy Malkin out of Russia, depending on what that cost will be, we may see him at the '06 WJC

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Pepper said:
Canada's team doesn't impress me at all at this point, clearly an off-year for Canucks IMHO.
It's very early yet, I think at some point between now and November, you will have reason to be impressed. Then again, comparing next years team to the one we just witnessed will be unfair, as this years team was UNBELIEVABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->