Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I'm not sure I like Swedens group.

Switzerland
Ukrain
Italy

Sure, it might sound easy but all those countries play a really defensive clutch & grab, hack & whack style of hockey. This means that Sweden won't be able to dominate, play up-tempo hockey or test their defense against a proper attacking team until the second group stage.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Riddarn said:

Switzerland
Ukrain
Italy

Sure, it might sound easy but all those countries play a really defensive clutch & grab, hack & whack style of hockey. This means that Sweden won't be able to dominate, play up-tempo hockey or test their defense against a proper attacking team until the second group stage.
But they'll still make it to the next round.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Riddarn said:

Switzerland
Ukrain
Italy

That may be an issue. However, IMO another big issue is how they nowadays chop up every period with several long commercial breaks. Finland especially suffers from this, because our game is based on utilising four speedy lines that wear the opponents down. Not possible with the way things are set up nowadays. I'm sure though that slower teams or teams where more than half the players didn't play this season (Canada) wouldn't agree...

Furthermore, I hate commercials!

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Boucicaut said:
That may be an issue. However, IMO another big issue is how they nowadays chop up every period with several long commercial breaks. Finland especially suffers from this, because our game is based on utilising four speedy lines that wear the opponents down. Not possible with the way things are set up nowadays. I'm sure though that slower teams or teams where more than half the players didn't play this season (Canada) wouldn't agree...

I agree with you 100%.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Boucicaut said:

Its defenitly something that can be taken advantage of and North Americans are used to it from the NHL.(and 90% of all european players, out coach isn't though...)

However what I find funny is that whenever a fan from NA watch a club game in europe the first thing they will comment on is all the advertising on the jerseys. I know for sure that I'll take advertising on the jerseys over commercial breaks during the games. When you aren't used to it thoose commercial breaks are extremly annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad