2006 WJC bid submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Van said:
Why? They would be in one rink until the final day.
Or, like in Halifax, they could be in one rink THE WHOLE TIME.

duh.

If I'm TSN, I don't want to relocate for only one day's worh of games (even if it is the gold and bronze medal games).

BCCHL inactive

FlyersFan said:
Or, like in Halifax, they could be in one rink THE WHOLE TIME.

duh.

If I'm TSN, I don't want to relocate for only one day's worh of games (even if it is the gold and bronze medal games).

It wasn't set in stone that Canada would play in Halifax the whole time. If Canada had have finished bad enough to play the relegation round (and don't say it can't happen...it did in 98), they would have had to relocate to Sydney....just like they would have had to pack their bags to Hameenlinna this year if that happened.

Relocating to the other side of downtown Vancouver wouldn't be a problem for TSN.

TSN has no pull with bids and how tournaments are organised. It is the network's job to work with what they are given for such tournaments.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Van said:
It wasn't set in stone that Canada would play in Halifax the whole time. If Canada had have finished bad enough to play the relegation round (and don't say it can't happen...it did in 98), they would have had to relocate to Sydney....just like they would have had to pack their bags to Hameenlinna this year if that happened.

Relocating to the other side of downtown Vancouver wouldn't be a problem for TSN.

TSN has no pull with bids and how tournaments are organised. It is the network's job to work with what they are given for such tournaments.
Yes, yes, and yes.

Never did I say that TSN had anything to do with the bidding process.

Never did I say that relocating would be a problem for them. I did say that, IMO, they would find relocating for one day's worth of games a pain in the butt, but not a problem, per se.

Relocating in order to cover Canada should they be relegated (to Sydney, Hameenlinna, etc.) is one thing. But, should the gold medal game be held at GM Place as you proposed (and assuming Canada makes it there), TSN would have to relocate based on Canada's success when we have always seen Canada stay at one place when successful.

All I was trying to say is that, IMO, TSN would hate your proposal to move the gold/bronze medal games from Pacific Coliseum to GM Place becasue it would be a hastle, not a problem, for them. Hockey Canada and the IIHF might like it if it out-sold PC, which is why you probably proposed it...

Spezza

Dec 13, 2002
Ottawa <-> Scotland
Would it be silly to suggest that Quebec City and Ottawa might be at an advantage because they bid for the tournaments last time? or will it not have an effect on the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad