Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Top 10:

1. Alexander Vasyunov, C, Russia
2. Zack Hamill, F, Everett (WHL)
3. Jesse Joensuu, F, Finland (late 87)
4. Bryan Little, C, Barrie (OHL) (late 87)
5. Jonathan Toews, C Tri-City (WHL)
6. Phil Kessel, C, USNTDP Under-18 (late 87)
7. Tomas Marcinko, C, Slovakia
8. Ben Maxwell, C, Kootenay (WHL)
9. James Sheppard, LW, Halifax
10. Michael Frolik, RW, Czech Republic

BTW, In the original list, Hamill's first name is spelt Zach, not ZacK, people must know this. Second off, he is also on the wrong team, he plays for Everett.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Fedz said:
BTW, In the original list, Hamill's first name is spelt Zach, not ZacK, people must know this. Second off, he is also on the wrong team, he plays for Everett.

He's also a late '88 and won't be elligible until 2007.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Duff88 said:
Alex Vincent has a few years left in front of him, I can't see Cesar surpassing him for the starting job.

Well no one expected MA FLeury to be a starter at age 17. He forced the trading of Dany Dallaire at 16 and then Daniel Boisclair later on.

Good young goalies can force the team to trade the older guy.

Also Cesar isnt draft eligble until 2006. So maybe if he is ready to be #1 at age 17 then CHI would trade a 19 year old Vincent.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
2006 NHL Draft Prospects

The D-man at #14 is Brian Strait. He will be playing for the NTDP next season. He is a player to watch. He was one of the best D-men at the select 16 festival.

CH Wizard

damn !! I don't know even one prospect in the whole 2006 draft ,who is JESSEN JOENHSU ??? BTW the 2005 draft is better then 2004 the're gonna be very good player still avaible in round 3 ,the 2003 draft was the deepest I have never seen but guys if there are no season how will the draft gonna work ???

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Someones list had a Ben Straight at # 16. That is Brian Strait and he will be playing for the NTDP U17 next season. He will be a player to keep an eye on. He had a great U16 festival. Good size and a great skater.

carsonbuddy

Jan 15, 2003
AB
Visit site
:dunno: I don't see Tyler Swytsun's name in the top 30 as he is one of the top prospects in western Canada. Several other strong candidates from Western Canada - Kurtis Bosecke - Prince George Cougars - Mike Cann - Brandon -

K215215

Jan 16, 2004
What does anyone think of Bobby Sanguinetti? I think he is playing for the USNTDP next year

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
carsonbuddy said:
:dunno: I don't see Tyler Swytsun's name in the top 30 as he is one of the top prospects in western Canada. Several other strong candidates from Western Canada - Kurtis Bosecke - Prince George Cougars - Mike Cann - Brandon -

One question I would have is if Swystun is going to play in the WHL or the NCAA??

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
My top 10 American born 2006 eligible players would be.

1. Phil Kessel
2. Chad Morin
3. Peter Mueller
4. Joey Ryan
5. Kyle Okposo
6. Max Giese
7. Tyson Dowzak
8. Steve Spade
9. Joey Ryan
10. Jason Reece

You have Joey Ryan twice..keep him at #4 not #9

Did you sneak your name in there LOL :)

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
You have Joey Ryan twice..keep him at #4 not #9

Did you sneak your name in there LOL :)

Idon't know, Ryan IMO is not as good as Dowzak or Spade, and IMO he should not be ranked ahead of Okposo, Okposo IMO is just amazing on the ice.

carsonbuddy

Jan 15, 2003
AB
Visit site
HabLover said:
One question I would have is if Swystun is going to play in the WHL or the NCAA??

That question doesn't seem to have a definite answer. He probably is leaning to play at Camrose where he will likely be a top player and then follow Dan Bertam to a college team next season. I understand that he will be at camp in PG this August.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
I was just kidding, I took somone elses rankings and just mixed them up and put my name in there.

Hey I might be playing for the youngstown Phantoms this year, but I might stay in School.

I could be a sleeper pick.

Is youngstown USHL? I am not at all familar with US Junior hockey.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
K215215 said:
What does anyone think of Bobby Sanguinetti? I think he is playing for the USNTDP next year

I've read one very positive report on him (the ushr article I mentioned before) but I haven't heard his name mentioned beyond that. Most of the other guys I put on my US players list I've heard positive reports on a numbers of times. I'm waiting to hear more about him (to see if the performance was a fluke or not) but at the very least he seems to be one of the guys to watch on this years U17 NTDP team.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
My top 10 American born 2006 eligible players would be.

1. Phil Kessel
2. Chad Morin
3. Peter Mueller
4. Joey Ryan
5. Kyle Okposo
6. Max Giese
7. Tyson Dowzak
8. Steve Spade
9. Joey Ryan
10. Jason Reece

I predict that Blake Geoffrion will get drafted ahead of at least 7-8 of those players.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Can anyone tell me more about Cal Clutterbuck. The origional poster had him ranked 26th. I saw him play in Welland 2 years ago, and he looked impressive then. I saw his offensive numbers have dropped, but that is to be somewhat expected first year in the O. Also I noticed a descent number of PIM's. Is this due to hard physical play or selfish and needless penalties? He also looked solid at the Under 17's last year. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I thought Sanguinetti was the best D-man at the U16 festival. A lot of College scouts were talking about him. Morin did not impress me at all but the whole NY team was unimpressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->