2006 prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
What year is G Alexandre Vincent? Is he a good prospect?

Watch for Saskatoon Blades forward Ben Van Lare. He ia a 1987 born player who has seen limited ice time so far but has scored 2 goals and is very gritty. Van Lare was born on December 29th making him not eligable until the 2006 draft. He is a workout fanatic and is extermely focussed on his goals for his hockey career. Van Lare is and may be the only Texan to be drafted possibly in the first round in 2006. Certinaly a player to watch right now.

Bruno8

Jun 14, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
Schlep Rock said:
So at the risk of this thread turing ugly... here are some of the top talent for 2006...

Matt Corrente (Defenseman... Ontario)
Matt is being compared to a young Adam Foote and is almost a lock to go 1st overall in this year's OHL draft.

Ben Smith (Forward... Massachusett's I believe)
Last name ring a bell? That's right it's his son folks and one of the top 88 players in North America and will likely be a 1st round QMJHL selection this season.

Erik Johnson (Defenseman... ?)
Erik is phenomenol and that doesn't even tell the whole story. He has some work to do but has the potential to DOMINATE at the pro level (already has the size at about 6' 3" 200 lbs. and isn't done growing yet)

Brian Strait (Defenseman... Playing @ Northfield Prep)
If he hasn't already, he's going to be committing to a D-1 school anytime now, very technically sound defenseman. Will never win a Norris but he's one of those defenseman that every team covets.

Joe Palmer (Goaltender... US)
Best '88 goaltender in my opinion and the best goalie the US has produced in MANY years. Look for Dipietro-hype around this kid provider his development doesn't plateau.

There's many more top prospects that are 1988 born but to be honest I just don't have the time to type them all out.

This is silly. The New England kids are the only ones I'm familiar with on your short list.

Way to early to guess who'll be where in the 2006 draft.

... I give up...who's Ben Smith's father?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Smiths

I believe there are two Ben Smiths playing New England Prep Hockey. I am not sure which one you are refering to. I know the one playing for Westminster is most definitely going NCAA. QUOTE=Schlep Rock]To my knowledge... his father is one of the big Smith's, maybe I'm mistaken.

And that NCAA rumor was started by someone on Hockey Scouting.ca... The people in my inner circle that are in the QMJHL are expecting him to be in the 'Q at some point.

I think they do have the same advisor, someone local out of Boston I believe.[/QUOTE]

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
2006 prospects

You guys are talking about some guys who haven't even played a meaningful game yet. Bryan Little (Barrie Colts, OHL) is averaging about a point a game in the OHL, Steve Spade (Barrie, OHL) is playing a role for the Colts and Bobby Hughes of Kingston is in the top rookie scorers in the OHL. Some late 87 brthdates already playing major junior need to be added to that list. Also, what about Andrew Cogliano, who has stated he will not play OHL and has already signed with Michigan? He's not playing OHL and he was drafted by his home team (St. Michael's). He should be near the top. Chad Morin is a defenseman playing a major role for the US U-17, even though he is an 88 born (like Mueller).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad