2006 NHL Draft Flops

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Vishnevsky does remind me of Dallas selection of Martin Vagner in 2002

but

Sanguinetti led his team in the play-offs and if you look at Sheppards results at the Top Prospects game the only skating issue he has is a below average acceleration otherwise his skating is a plus.

Guys like Vishnevsky and Sanguinetti are meant to play in the new NHL game. Sanguinetti is a quick moving good transition defenseman with exceptional offensive ability same can pretty much be said with Vishnevsky

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Good thing for the Rangers you don't seem to know what you're talking about. How can you label any kid drafted 3 months ago a 'bust'?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
D: Bob Sanguinetti 21rst overall, NY Rangers
Hockeys Future- 1rst pairing offensive D-Men
Me- Will struggle in NY and won't play a lot of games. Will get moved to Toronto in his late 20's, and will rack up points and maybe an All-Star appearance due to the Toronto fans liking of him. He will soon get known as not responsible defensively player, and the fans won't like him so much. As a 30-Something he ends out his career in the AHL, racking up points and bringing in fans, but with no NHL contract or chance.

While you're at it, what are the winning lottery numbers for March 16, 2007?

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Guys like Vishnevsky and Sanguinetti are meant to play in the new NHL game. Sanguinetti is a quick moving good transition defenseman with exceptional offensive ability same can pretty much be said with Vishnevsky

Sanguinetti I like as a pick. l personnaly feel alot of teams will regret passing on him.

Vishnevsky was a bit of a reach IMO. Time will tell.

Same style of D maybe but not nearly the same calibre IMO.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Why is this even here?
Because this is HF - where people are already projecting the guys that will be drafted in the 1st round in 2009 and are going to be busts. It's also where apparently the most accurate way to measure the success (or lack of) for prospects is to start evaluating their chances of success or failure 3 days after the draft.

:shakehead

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Because this is HF - where people are already projecting the guys that will be drafted in the 1st round in 2009 and are going to be busts. It's also where apparently the most accurate way to measure the success (or lack of) for prospects is to start evaluating their chances of success or failure 3 days after the draft.

:shakehead

You're just upset that everyone knows Erik Johnson will bust already ;)

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
This thread made me cringe, my fantasy prospects in my keeper pool for two-three years down the road is:

Marcel Goc
James Sheppard
Bob Sanguinetti
Ivan Vishnevsky
Chris Stewart
Travis Zajac
Jurag Simek

so if you're right half of them are busts already lol.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
If Jarmo likes Kana, then I like Kana

this thread should be locked for the baseless comments it began with

Varlamov will be a great goalie, has this guy ever watched him?

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Good thing for the Rangers you don't seem to know what you're talking about. How can you label any kid drafted 3 months ago a 'bust'?

obviously the scouts werent privy to the inside information about how these kids are gonna be busts no matter what

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm also in a keeper league and my young guys look like this...

Matt Carle
Ladislav Smid
Derick Brassard
James Sheppard
Carey Price
Bobby Ryan
Jeff Glass
Petr Vrana
Michael Grabner
Devan Dubnyk
Adam Pineault

Ad