2006 NHL Draft Flops

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
Who do you guys think will be the biggest flops in the 2006 NHL Draft. You can make an All "Flop Team!" Mines is

G: Semen Varmalov G, 23rd Overall, Washington Capitals
Hockeys Future- Decent No.1 Goalie
Me-Won't last a season in North America

C:Thomas Kana C, 31rst Overall, St.Louis Blues
Hockeys Future- No.2 center with not a lot of offensive upside
Me-Good Work Ethic and Desire, but shows but staying in the Czech Republic that hockey isn't that big a focus for him. Will be in North America for a shorter time than Semen. He will stay in the Czech Republic and become the Czech Republic National League's best and most recognizable player, and will be a 3rd line player for the Czech Republic in the Olympics and World Championships.

D: Bob Sanguinetti 21rst overall, NY Rangers
Hockeys Future- 1rst pairing offensive D-Men
Me- Will struggle in NY and won't play a lot of games. Will get moved to Toronto in his late 20's, and will rack up points and maybe an All-Star appearance due to the Toronto fans liking of him. He will soon get known as not responsible defensively player, and the fans won't like him so much. As a 30-Something he ends out his career in the AHL, racking up points and bringing in fans, but with no NHL contract or chance.

D: Ivan Vishnevksy 27th overall, Dallas Stars
Hockeys Future- PP QB, No. 3 D-Man, Poor Man's Zubov
Me- Will struggle, and while playing in the AHL, will get called up to the NHL as a winger, and after a short burst of skill, and points, will show that he is an incompetent player. Will go back to Russia, and be one of the highes scoring players in their elite league.

F: Bryce Swan, Anaheim Ducks, 38th overall
HF-2nd line banger
Me-Will never get going becase of injuries, and will only play no more than 3 NHL games.

F: James Sheppard, 9th overall Minnesota Wild
HF- Physical, PP contributer, who will score
Me- Because of footspeed issues (not his fault, blame the size 15 feet!), Sheppard won't be effective enough in a scoring role but will be a nice defensively responsible 3/4th line player who will chip in around 10 goals, but would be lucky to get over 20.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Who do you guys think will be the biggest flops in the 2006 NHL Draft. You can make an All "Flop Team!" Mines is

C:Thomas Kana C, 31rst Overall, St.Louis Blues
Hockeys Future- No.2 center with not a lot of offensive upside
Me-Good Work Ethic and Desire, but shows but staying in the Czech Republic that hockey isn't that big a focus for him. Will be in North America for a shorter time than Semen. He will stay in the Czech Republic and become the Czech Republic National League's best and most recognizable player, and will be a 3rd line player for the Czech Republic in the Olympics and World Championships.

D: Bob Sanguinetti 21rst overall, NY Rangers
Hockeys Future- 1rst pairing offensive D-Men
Me- Will struggle in NY and won't play a lot of games. Will get moved to Toronto in his late 20's, and will rack up points and maybe an All-Star appearance due to the Toronto fans liking of him. He will soon get known as not responsible defensively player, and the fans won't like him so much. As a 30-Something he ends out his career in the AHL, racking up points and bringing in fans, but with no NHL contract or chance.

D: Ivan Vishnevksy 27th overall, Dallas Stars
Hockeys Future- PP QB, No. 3 D-Man, Poor Man's Zubov
Me- Will struggle, and while playing in the AHL, will get called up to the NHL as a winger, and after a short burst of skill, and points, will show that he is an incompetent player. Will go back to Russia, and be one of the highes scoring players in their elite league.

HF-2nd line banger
Me-Will never get going becase of injuries, and will only play no more than 3 NHL games.

F: James Sheppard, 9th overall Minnesota Wild
HF- Physical, PP contributer, who will score
Me- Because of footspeed issues (not his fault, blame the size 15 feet!), Sheppard won't be effective enough in a scoring role but will be a nice defensively responsible 3/4th line player who will chip in around 10 goals, but would be lucky to get over 20.
Maybe you should watch Sheppard play in person instead of reading alot of the BS. Sheppard is very fast once he gets going...his first step is a little slow, thats about it.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I'm tired than the Sheppard hate... It's just so stupid.

The guy has an average first step(he has improved it every single year), but his speed after that is as good as a big man can get. He has awesome vision for a guy his size, he has soft hands, and he is not scared to get physical. Infact all I have to say is Sheppard>>Brassard. I like Sheppard way more than Brassard.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX

any reasoning why Varmalov wont last a single season in the NA? not trying to be a smart *** or anything, just asking whats behind the reasoning

Randall Graves*

HF-2nd line banger
Bryce Swans injuries were flukes, not from playing physical.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can we at least make it to the season before we proclaim prospects as busts?

Skroob*

i see the formula holds true. Prospect + Ranger + draft = (.5)(value)

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
I can't see any legitimate reason for any of these guys to indicate they're going to bust. What on earth have guys like Vishnevsky (who had an amazing year) and Sanguinetti done to merit such speculative and crazy forecasts? You get a steak dinner on me if he ever becomes an incompetent winger; that's got to be the wildest prediction I've read yet for anyone. I think you should have just amended this thread title to "Zaany 8-Ball Bust Predictions" and people wouldn't think you're as off base or get as antagonized:) . I'll add in my own predictin for the thread,

Michael Grabner: Inspires Vancouver to implement a modified "Torpedo" attack dubbed the "Taipodong" which never reaches its full potential due to their draft pick (since renaming himself simply "The Humongous") being hit by a meteor. You heard it here first!

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
JorgeRocks...did you just pick names you didnt like?

i love your prediction of Varlamov...:shakehead

And your saying Sheppard wont be good because of his Feet? ya gotta be kidding me

next time dont post something about these guys if you've never seen them play.

Opium360

Nov 22, 2005
What?

I'm speechless at the fact you say Semen Varmalov won't last a season after he's played in the russian super league which Ovechkin and Malkin came from. All the scouting reports say Semen Varmalov has the potiental to be one the better goalies in the NHL in later years.

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
im sowwy...guess ive just seen way to many of these lately. I need to stop getting on this so late at night.

2006 "Bust" - Erik Johnson. Gets traded for Mike Rupp...yesh. Mike Rupp. Career OVER. :sarcasm:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
LoL, the draft was 3 months ago and you are already telling us who will be the busts along with a detailed future of each of the players? :biglaugh: please tell me this was a joke thread?

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
I'm speechless at the fact you say Semen Varmalov won't last a season after he's played in the russian super league which Ovechkin and Malkin came from. All the scouting reports say Semen Varmalov has the potiental to be one the better goalies in the NHL in later years.

Varlamov hasn't played in the Super league yet. He played for the second team of Yaroslavl in the Russian 3rd league last season and in the first two games of this season he was the back-up for Egor Podomatskiy.
That being said he is for sure the best Russian goaltending prospect since Ilya Bryzgalov.

BostonHockey33

Sep 9, 2006
Tallahassee, FL
im pretty sure these national hockey league teams have very intelligent scouts and front office people who know an awful lot about hockey and draft these guys for a reason. many of them are very young and its impossible to tell how some of these guys will adjust to playing in north america and etc...lets give them a chance. at this point ill rely on the hockey experts who make the decisions.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Vishnevsky does remind me of Dallas selection of Martin Vagner in 2002

but

Sanguinetti led his team in the play-offs and if you look at Sheppards results at the Top Prospects game the only skating issue he has is a below average acceleration otherwise his skating is a plus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->