2006 Lineup. Greatest Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
CFA said:
Nice list.
Richards is a centerman, so there is little room for him.
Also it is insignificant if there is a lockout next year because Crosby will be playing in Rimouski.

lol yup just changed that about Crosby after i thought about it and ya Richards is a centre but its not mandatory he plays that spot

Joe_Sakic#19

Seven_Nation_Army said:
we shall see after one of Blake's attempted a$$ checks and breaks one or both of his hips

He's been doing that for years, he'll continue to do so. :)

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Vincent Lecavalier-Joe Sakic-Martin St Louis
Dany Heatley-Joe Thornton-Jarome Iginla
Simon Gagné-Brad Richards-Todd Bertuzzi
Rick Nash-Patrick Marleau-Shane Doan
extra: Alex Tanguay, Sidney Crosby, Ryan Smyth, Jason Spezza

Chris Pronger-Rob Blake
Scott Niedermayer-Jay Bouwmeester
Wade Redden-Adam Foote
extra: Ed Jovanovski, Eric Brewer, Sheldon Souray

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Jose Theodore

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I hope the posters that left Neidermayer off did so by oversight.Phaneuf will not
make that team.Listening to Hitchcock and also commentators speaking on
Richards game ,it appears they are alot more impressed than some of the posters
on this board.Look at the current team and teams in the past,and you'll see
position doesn't matter so much.They'll put centers on the wing.I can't see
Lemieux still being around so that will make room for Crosby.The only way Crosby
won't play is if the nhl is still not playing and he hasn't had a chance to show
his skill against these players.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Spetzky said:
Tanguay - Sakic - Iginla
Gagne - Thornton - Heatley
Doan - Spezza - Horton
Nash - Staal - Ryder (?)

Stajan
Smyth

Jay Bouwmeester
Chris Pronger
Rob Blake
Wade Redden
Dion Phaneuf
Braydon Coburn

Luongo
Jeff Deslauriers/Ray Emery

Assuming all young players develope accordingly and Veterans age gracefully
What year are you projecting this team for?(LOL)
By the way if you've been watching the current series St. Louis and Brodeur
have been Canada's best to the surprise of no-one.But then again by 2006
thay will be old men of 28 and 34 respectively(LOL).Not a single Tampa Bay
player,you wouldn't have a bias against them would you?

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
One factor to consider is that Canada won't just stack the team with offensive players. They will need some guys to play a more grinding and defensive game.

How good will Spezza, Crosby (at 18 years old), Staal, Lecavalier, etc be in both ends of the ice? I'm not saying they'll be weak but it's just something to consider. A guy such as Draper can put the puck in the net, kill penalties, be an energy type of player/spark plug to breathe some life into the team, and can be trusted in the last minute when Canada is up by a goal. I'm not going to name a player because this guy is always the flavour of the month....ahem...Maltby...Zamuner...

RavenX

Jul 3, 2004
Cape Breton
HF2002 said:
One factor to consider is that Canada won't just stack the team with offensive players. They will need some guys to play a more grinding and defensive game.

How good will Spezza, Crosby (at 18 years old), Staal, Lecavalier, etc be in both ends of the ice? I'm not saying they'll be weak but it's just something to consider. A guy such as Draper can put the puck in the net, kill penalties, be an energy type of player/spark plug to breathe some life into the team, and can be trusted in the last minute when Canada is up by a goal. I'm not going to name a player because this guy is always the flavour of the month....ahem...Maltby...Zamuner...

But your playing on a more wide open ice surface. Personally, I think having grinding players it useless in International Play just cuz you going up against the best in the world, and when you look at teams such as Sweden and Russia, they're all high powered goal scorers. Who are you gonna have the Maltbys and Drapers of the world check against. We have guys like St Louis, Doan, Iggy to play the powerplay, and personally I'd rather have our top guns against the other teams at all times rather than sacrifacing scoring for "Defencive Line" players.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
These are my gurantee's for players that will make the Roster(given they are healthy and not retired)

Jarome Iginla
Martin Brodeur
Chris Pronger
Scott Nidermayer
Joe Sakic
Roberto Luongo
Dany Heatley
Ryan Smyth
Rob Blake

Everyone else i think has a chance not to make the team.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
#2 said:
These are my gurantee's for players that will make the Roster(given they are healthy and not retired)

Jarome Iginla
Martin Brodeur
Chris Pronger
Scott Nidermayer
Joe Sakic
Roberto Luongo
Dany Heatley
Ryan Smyth
Rob Blake

Everyone else i think has a chance not to make the team.

You're missing some high profile guys aren't you?

Bertuzzi
LeCavalier
Richards
Tanguay
Bouwmeester
Gagne
St. Louis

HONORABLE MENTION:

Bergeron
Primeau
Redden
Morris
Spezza
Comrie
Marleau

I know they can't all make it, but you can't ignore most of those names.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Joe_Sakic#19 said:
A 36 year old Blake will still be better than Jovanovski.

No he wont. Jovo will be better in his prime, and is already on the same hitting level as Blake.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Russian_fanatic said:
No he wont. Jovo will be better in his prime, and is already on the same hitting level as Blake.
Jovo is 28 years old right now, are you telling me he isn't in his prime?

A 36 year old Rob Blake is better then a 30 year old Bertuzzi.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:

He's inconsistent, but I expect it sooner or later for him to be consistent.

Joe_Sakic#19

MrMastodonFarm said:

May 1, 2003
Visit site
I know i'm missing some talented guys but i think those are gurantees from my list.

Bertuzzi - hes known to be a hot head at times(not just cause of Moores incident) and Wayne and company may find someone to replace him on the roster.

Lecavalier - Yes he is really good, but he wasnt even on the squad initially, inconsistent at times, although he is improving.

Tanguay - Hes very incosistent, the guy goes up and down like a see saw, didnt even make the squad this year despite having a great outing this season.

Bouwmeester - He still has to prove he can help out offensivley, by 2006 if he hasnt shown that i think he could miss the team as lots of young talent are on the uprise on defense, such as Hamhuis, Brad Stuart etc.. plus if key players like Pronger, Blake(join the team) as well as Redden(injured in the world cup), all guys who were ahead of Bouwmeester to make the lineup.

Gagne - Simon Gagne is on the decline in his career imo, he started off really strong but seems to have faded a bit and i dont think he is a gurantee to make the roster in 06.

St.Louis - The guy has been playing great i'll give him that, but his size could play a factor in hid NHL careers, not so much putting up points but more in the sense he is more able to get injured(such as Kariya).

Again my list before was just who i thought Were Gurantee's

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
#2 said:
Gagne - Simon Gagne is on the decline in his career imo, he started off really strong but seems to have faded a bit and i dont think he is a gurantee to make the roster in 06.

On the decline? He is 24, will turn 25 at the end of February. If anything, he hasn't hit his prime yet.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
#2 said:

He has improved every year. Not offensively though, but he will put it all together very soon.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
felixd said:
On the decline? He is 24, will turn 25 at the end of February. If anything, he hasn't hit his prime yet.

I still thinking hes falling in the offensive category, hes becoming more a two way forward that puts up mediocore numbers around like 40-45 range. I meant by decline, that he is slumping to a point where is no longer depended on to score points. This is all my opinon though

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
I don't know why Regehr is off everyones list, he has been Canada's best Dman so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->