2006 HFNHL Awards - your vote counts!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The HFNHL is pleased to announce the following award winners from the 2005-06 season and playoffs:

- Stanley Cup (HFNHL Champions): Buffalo Sabres
- Prince of Wales trophy (Eastern Conference Champions): Buffalo Sabres
- Clarence Campbell bowl (Western Conference Champions): Columbus Blue Jackets
- President's Trophy (points leader, regular season): Boston Bruins (an HFNHL record 128 points!)
- Art Ross trophy (top scorer, regular season): Todd Bertuzzi, Philadelphia Flyers (98 points, wins “goals scored†tiebreaker with Peter Forsberg, San Jose)
- Maurice Richard trophy (most goals, regular season): Ilya Kovalchuk, New Jersey Devils (48 goals)
- William Jennings Trophy (goalies sharing lowest GAA, regular season): Marty Turco and Chris Osgood, Boston Bruins (2.01 gaa)

We are now taking nominations for the remaining trophies to be awarded, which are detailed below. Please take some time to review the season and playoff records and then vote for who you feel is the most deserving of the awards. The catch is that you cannot vote for someone from your own team. Winners are determined based on most votes received.

Please do a little research and submit your votes by 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5) on Monday, June 26th. Nominations should be submitted by e-mail to [email protected].

Results will be announced in the following days leading up to the free agency period. (Speaking of which, stay tuned for updates!).

By the way, those teams whose players or staff receive awards each earn an additional $100,000 for each honor received!

The awards are as follows:

- *NEW!* Steve Wright Memorial Trophy (top GM, named in memory of the late GM of the HFNHL Ottawa Senators)
- Calder Memorial Trophy (top rookie, regular season)
- Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP, regular season)
- Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (most gentlemanly player, regular season)
- James Norris Trophy (top defenceman, regular season)
- Frank J. Selke Trophy (top defensive forward, regular season)
- Georges Vezina Trophy (top goalie, regular season)
- Conn Smythe Trophy (MVP, playoffs)
- 1st team HFNHL All-Stars (3 forwards, 2 defensemen, 1 goalie)

(Notes: The Jack Adams trophy (top coach, regular season) is SUSPENDED for the 05/06 season, as the coach function was not enabled due to technical problems. All other league awards from the NHL are not really suited to the HFNHL sim environment – e.g. the Bill Masterton Trophy for perseverance.)

Award junkies, start your pitches!

(***EDIT: Forgot the President's Trophy - congratulations Rob!***)

Last edited:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
- *NEW!* Steve Wright Memorial Trophy (top GM, named in memory of the late GM of the HFNHL Ottawa Senators)

I don't want to sound insincere but when/how did Steve go to heaven? :dunno:

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
High Flyers

It’s all about the money, honey!!! Thus my nominations:

Todd Bertuzzi – Hart Trophy & All-Star - led league in points, including 41 goals, and tops for Right Wingers, was plus 39 and was one of league leaders in hits, turned Philly’s team around after trade, Philly average over 2000 fans more per game after his trade

Mike Fisher – Selke Nominee – played against top forwards, plus 32, 19goals, 43 pts

Simon Gagne - - 41 goals (4th overall), 77 pts (2nd for LW), 16 PIM’s and just a hell of a lovely person

Yours Truly – GM – brought team from brink of bankruptcy to top 4 regular season finish, with team’s cash reserves up over $20million, a strong starting lineup and a plethora of young talent in the minors

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Reminder - you have until midnight tonight to get your votes in!

I'm surprised more people aren't busily pimping their players for these awards... I guess everyone was distracted by the draft. :dunno:

For my part, Columbus was very much a balanced team effort, so there are few individual stand-outs on a league level. Nevertheless, the Jackets would like to put the following names forward for consideration:

Calder: D Joni Pitkanen - his 41 points was the most among rookie blueliners, and he led the Jackets in +/- with a whopping +35.

Hart: C Vyacheslav Kozlov - his 86 points led the team (including a league-best 11 power play goals), and he managed an impressive +22, all while playing on the second line. His arrival made took a good team and made it a great team, without question.

Lady Byng: C Mike Modano - 79 games, 81 points, 28 pim while playing in all game situations.

Selke: LW Mike York - played a huge role Kozlov's wing 5-ion-5 and with the man advantage, but was also a leader on the PK, leading Columbus forwards with a +31, and adding 2 short-handed goals.

Vezina, All-Star Team: G Martin Brodeur - top 3 in record, save % and gaa while carrying his team to the Western Conference title.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I would like to nominate:

Ilya Kovalchuk for the Hart Trophy. Led the league in goals while taking team from doormat to division winner.

Robyn Regehr for the Lady Byng. It may sound weird, but he had only 28 PIM the entire season while dishing out 197 hits to lead the team.

Marian Gaborik for the Lady Byng Just 6 pim despite first line ice time.

Jason Blake for the Selke. Played on the 3rd line, against other teams' top forwards, but managed a +25.

Rich Epstein for top GM. Hey, if it is a regualr season award, my team did go from last in the league to division winner in 2 years. Plus, the majority of my team is signed for next year and I still have a good stable of prospects.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Vote for Tampa!

Martin Sedin, GM of the year. From 34 points in 03/04 to 78 points this season and a spot in the playoffs.

To the all star team
center
M.LEMIEUX (TBL) 82 27-61-88
Mario was 4th among centers in points and 2nd in assist. +19 and 3 Game Winning Goals

left wing
D.SEDIN (TBL) 81 28-47-75
4th among left wingers in points and 2nd in assist. +19 4 Game Winning Goals and 4 shorthanded goals.

Lady Byng
Daniel Sedin +19 and 4 shorthanded goals. The team was -43.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Your count votes...

Von - von little ballot ha ha haaa...
Too - too little ballots ha ha haaa...
Tree - tree little ballots ha ha haaa...

<--- is sleep-deprived.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
Von - von little ballot ha ha haaa...
Too - too little ballots ha ha haaa...
Tree - tree little ballots ha ha haaa...

<--- is sleep-deprived.

[IMAGE]http://cont.vrml.k12.la.us/tltc/prek/The%20count.gif[/IMAGE]

:amazed:

Get some sleep Douglas :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad