2006 entry draft

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
While we're still remotely on subject, does anybody know how long/how many rounds OLN will be broadcasting... I had only heard that they were supposed to "cover" the draft.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:
I hate it when teams pick someone on team needs. Who knows how your team plays or looks in 2 years. Take the BPA.

The problem with that is the Kings have only been selecting forwards in the first round for the last 3 drafts and the last defenseman they did select in the first round (Grebeshkov) is no longer in the system. Because of that their defensive prospects have become almost nothing. If they don't turn that around it will only get worse 2 years from now.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I've decided that as much as we need a D-man in the system, it would be foolish to pass up a guy like Tlusty, Sheppard, or Brassard. Or dare I say it? Maybe even Mueller. :sarcasm:

Edit: Posted at the same time Sponge, but with differing views. :yo:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Reaper45 said:
I hope we'd nab Tlusty if he's there and Lombardi wasn't really high on Sanguinetti or Williams.

I'm really not sure how much DL is going to have to do with this draft. Al Murray is still there right? I didn't see his name on the fired list.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
Legionnaire said:
I've decided that as much as we need a D-man in the system, it would be foolish to pass up a guy like Tlusty, Sheppard, or Brassard. Or dare I say it? Maybe even Mueller. :sarcasm:

Edit: Posted at the same time Sponge, but with differing views. :yo:
I was looking at who might fall to us this year and I think Mueller could fall. I hope he does. Maybe even Backstrom?? :sarcasm:

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
LeftKinger said:
I was looking at who might fall to us this year and I think Mueller could fall. I hope he does. Maybe even Backstrom?? :sarcasm:

I don't see Mueller or Backstrom falling that far.

I could see Frolik, Tlusty or Little being there at 11.....but I really think the Kings should stay away from drafting more European forwards.....If this playoff year has taught us anything it is that teams heavy in European rosters don't go far in the playoffs. As it is right now the Kings have....

Frolov
Tukonen
Kopitar
Pushkaryov
Kanko

If the Kings do draft a forward (I would love to see Okposo still on the board or maybe Sheppard) I would rather get a North American kid and see if a new strategy on draft day can actually pay some dividends.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Reading is fundamental. ;)

That could be interpreted 2 ways Legionnaire.....

I hope we'd nab Tlusty if he's there and if Lombardi wasn't really high on Sanguinetti or Williams.
the second part included as part of the speculation.

I hope we'd nab Tlusty if he's there and anyway Lombardi wasn't really high on Sanguinetti or Williams.
the second part stated as previously reported fact

You see the fact that he used the word "wasn't" in his sentence can lead you to believe that was previously reported.

________

Feb 6, 2006
WashJeffHockey19 said:
While we're still remotely on subject, does anybody know how long/how many rounds OLN will be broadcasting... I had only heard that they were supposed to "cover" the draft.
Most likely just the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad