2006 Draft - who's ‎UP; who's DOWN?

HoverCarle*

claude giroux, leading Q in scoring.
andreas nodl doing great as a rookie was leading the wcha in scoring,

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
I'll just do the Kings since I don't really follow anyone else's prospects...

UP

Jonathan Bernier (1st) - Leading the Q in save percentage
David Meckler (5th) - 10 goals in 12 games for London of the OHL

DOWN

Bud Holloway (3rd) - 4 points in 10 games for Seattle of the WHL

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
That Perreault kid the Caps took a flyer on.

You can't tell me that someone second in points in the Q wouldn't of been taken earlier now.

Size? He's listed at 5'9" 155. He also posted only 52 pts in 62 games last year.

He's one inch shorter and 15 lbs lighter than Giroux, who put up almost twice as many points in his draft year.

Either way, a guy drafted that low who is producing like Perrault has definately sees his stock go BOOM!

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Size? He's listed at 5'9" 155. He also posted only 52 pts in 62 games last year.

He's one inch shorter and 15 lbs lighter than Giroux, who put up almost twice as many points in his draft year.

Either way, a guy drafted that low who is producing like Perrault has definately sees his stock go BOOM!

Yeah, he is small. But if he adds an inch or two and about 40 pounds, there might be something to talk about.

Randall Graves*

Since everyone else is being a homer.

Mark Mitera is up, based on what I've seen, not boxscore scouting.

A Good Flying Bird*

Wings picks

Emmerton, Up
Matthias, Even
Axelsson, not playing, so down
Larsson, Up, one of the top SEL goalies
Mursak, way up
Pyett, nine points as a defenseman, up
Oslund, zero points in 4 games in the USHL ... uh, down, I guess.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
The teammates in Saginaw, Zaborsky and Mursak.

Tomas Zaborsky - 5th round

Jan Mursak - 6th round

Logan Pyett - second to last pick but producing nicely...

Bobby Hughes is huge for Kingston, outproducing Emmerton and Stewart.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Kyle Okposo -

4goals(all on PP), 2assists, 23 shots(leads team) in 5 games

as much as i would like to pat the Islanders on the back for picking him, if you redid the draft today how much higher could he go? Most you can make an arguement is for he should have been picked 6th(after the big 5)

Erik Johnson... 5 pts 5 games :yo:

yeah i thought he should have been picked higher myself

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Kessel, while playing well did not impress me as much as Staal did from the games I have watched, but Kessel is guaranteed a full NHL season to make an impression, while Staal may only get a handful of games.

Kessel has improved in the last couple of games. At times he looks to pass the puck as soon as it's on his stick, but every game he makes one nice move or pass and that gets his confidence up and he plays well from there on out. His best game was definitely his last one. He created a ton of chances with the puck and surprisingly really played some pretty good D. His forechecking was tenacious and lead to the key play of the game. I don't think he's passed Staal, but he is making a case for moving up a spot or so.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Kessel has improved in the last couple of games. At times he looks to pass the puck as soon as it's on his stick, but every game he makes one nice move or pass and that gets his confidence up and he plays well from there on out. His best game was definitely his last one. He created a ton of chances with the puck and surprisingly really played some pretty good D. His forechecking was tenacious and lead to the key play of the game. I don't think he's passed Staal, but he is making a case for moving up a spot or so.

i know he's play is worthy of moving up a spot or two, but that means backstrom or toews will have to move down. i heard toews was amazing before he got hurt and backstrom is dominating the sel. its a tough call if you ask me.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
Bobby Hughes is not out producing Emmerton. Last I looked they both had the same points.

The knock on all three (Hughes, Emmerton and Stewart ) is that they are all getting PP points but are all minus 8 and the team has lost 7 of the last 8 games.

Kingstion is in last place in the OHL.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
i know he's play is worthy of moving up a spot or two, but that means backstrom or toews will have to move down. i heard toews was amazing before he got hurt and backstrom is dominating the sel. its a tough call if you ask me.

It is definately tough. I haven't seen Kessel since the first couple of games. I'm glad to hear he's improving. I've seen a bunch of Staal and he gets better and better. I live in NY so between the 3 teams here I'll get to see the Pittsburgh Troika a whole bunch this year.

Anybody know where you can see SEL games on the web?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Mark Mitera is up, based on what I've seen, not boxscore scouting.

Honestly I'd agree, but I've been high on the guy for a while. I'm not sure why everyone was slamming the kid before the draft, he's as solid a positional defenseman as anyone that was available last year.

Randall Graves*

Honestly I'd agree, but I've been high on the guy for a while. I'm not sure why everyone was slamming the kid before the draft, he's as solid a positional defenseman as anyone that was available last year.
Because alot of what he does is intangible that doesn't show up in the boxscore, I saw him take atleast 3 pucks right off of Opposing players sticks, one the guy had his back turned and he just reached around and took it. He's not an offensive defensemen so he won't get alot of fanfare, but I liked his nastyness in front of the net and in corners, as well as how he played passing lanes and made outlet passes...basically everything you don't find in the boxscore. I suppose alot of the opinion here is based on last years WJC's, he'll be much better this time I think.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Devils
#30 Matt Corrente
I'll say even, slow start, then the offside incident, and now rising in the last games.
#58 Alexander Vasyunov
even as well, plays for the senior team but 4th line minutes and no points
#67 Kirill Tulupov
slow rise, shows he can contribute in a higher level with Chicoutimi.
#77 Vladimir Zharkov
See Vasyunov, though he scored his 1st superleague goal recently.
#107 TJ Miller
Slow rise with a good start in the NCAA.
#148 Olivier Magnan
Overager is already turned pro in ECHL with a very good start.
#178 Tony Romano
Slow rise, but only played 2 games (2 A)
#208 Kyell Henegan
Good start for Shawinigan, near his career high already.

Nothing to be excited about... all are performing near the level we expected, nothing spectacular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad