2006 draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/9237547.htm

"You just look at the program and so many players they've sent on to the National Hockey League," Zach Jones said. "Everything about the place there made me feel comfortable. And the rink is awesome."

He said he's heard lots about the UND program from his older brother. But Zach said the fact his brother was playing at UND wasn't a huge factor in his decision.

"I just had a feeling that was the place for me, after visiting with coach Hakstol,"

masked man

Nov 29, 2003
jones

well they got a great player in jones he was the d man of the tournament in the world under 18 tournament but kessel will still not go there. Und is on a down slide since karl goering that i think was their last real chance at anything they need a goalie someone who can keep up with everyone else thats the only way they will get back to being number one IMO. I wouldn't be suprised to see kessel go to minnesota him and frazee have played a lot together and he seems to be good friends with stoa but either way he will want to go somewhere that is going uphill and imo und is not one of those places.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
masked man,

I appreciate your opinion that Kessel is headed somewhere other than UND. Not all kids and schools are the right fit. However, your opinion that UND is sliding as a program is off the mark. They were stoned by a red-hot goalie in the NCAA tournament, losing to eventual champ Denver 1-0. Despite that disappointing (for them) finish, they led the nation in scoring by a wide margin, set a record for fewest goals allowed in conference play in the WCHA, and were ranked number one in the polls for much of the year, all while playing the toughest schedule in the country. The program is flying high right now, and would be a perfect place for Kessel or another very high profile prospect to develop into an elite hockey player. It should be interesting to see if another super-prospect (Kessel-level or better) ends up at UND in 13 months. We'll know soon.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
2006 and 2007 should be ignored 2008 is the real jackpot!

John Tran. Accurate shot, hard shot, great vision, plays physical, pretty fast, absolutely horrid skating though...

Barney Stinson76

Jul 24, 2002
Austria
Visit site
To come back to my original question!

Can you give me some information if 2006 draft is deeper than 2004 and 2005?
Are there players like Ovechkin,Malkin,Crosby,Brule,M.A.Fleury?

Thanks!

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
I've seen James Sheppard twice in the last 3 days, and this guy has it all. In his first intrasquad game playing with and against other rookies he dominated and from what i've heard his line was by far the most dominant all weekend. And today some vets were thrown into the mix and he was even better. He has an amazing combination of skills. He's strong on the puck, VERY creative, great in all 3 zones, and is willing to go through people if that's what is needed.

It's still early, but keep an eye on this guy folks because he's not going to last long in 2006.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
RyanM said:
I've seen James Sheppard twice in the last 3 days, and this guy has it all. In his first intrasquad game playing with and against other rookies he dominated and from what i've heard his line was by far the most dominant all weekend. And today some vets were thrown into the mix and he was even better. He has an amazing combination of skills. He's strong on the puck, VERY creative, great in all 3 zones, and is willing to go through people if that's what is needed.

It's still early, but keep an eye on this guy folks because he's not going to last long in 2006.

He isn't near as physical as I heard. He is though, creative, strong on the puck, nice playmaker, good defensivly and has a great extra gear. I didn't think he had any room on that breakaway goal but he flew through there.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
He isn't near as physical as I heard. He is though, creative, strong on the puck, nice playmaker, good defensivly and has a great extra gear. I didn't think he had any room on that breakaway goal but he flew through there.

He isnt a Todd Bertuzzi....but he isnt afriad to be hit or give a hit. In 60 games he had less than 30 PIM but he isnt a soft player. Perfect blend in my opinion.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
LittlePenguin66 said:
To come back to my original question!

Can you give me some information if 2006 draft is deeper than 2004 and 2005?
Are there players like Ovechkin,Malkin,Crosby,Brule,M.A.Fleury?

Thanks!

I'll wager that Jesse Joensuu has the ability to rise to that level..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->