2006 draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
LittlePenguin66 said:
I know it´s a little bit early but are in 2006 players like Ovechkin or Crosby available or is it a bad year?

Someone some information for me what players are available and to which player they are compareable?

Thanks LP66

At this point it doesn't seem like there are too many Franchise players available, but it is still very early to say.

I like John Hughes (coming into the OHL) and Bryan Little from Barrie of the OHL....
they should both go top 10 IMO
if Little has a good year this year he could go tp 5.

Hughes you don't know yet.... he hasn't played in the O... He has been a scoring star for his age group his whole life.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ktownhockey said:
At this point it doesn't seem like there are too many Franchise players available, but it is still very early to say.

I like John Hughes (coming into the OHL) and Bryan Little from Barrie of the OHL....
they should both go top 10 IMO
if Little has a good year this year he could go tp 5.

Hughes you don't know yet.... he hasn't played in the O... He has been a scoring star for his age group his whole life.

here are a few names to watch out for, in no order though top 6 IMO would be:

Alexander Vasyunov
Jonathan Toews
Ben Breault
Phil Kessel
Jesse Joensuu
Brian Little

but here are the players:

Jonathan Toews
Ben Breault
Alexander Vasyunov
Jason Legault
John Hughes
Phil Kessel
Ben Maxwell
James Sheppard
Matt Corrente
Igor Makarov
Jesse Joensuu
Joe Palmer
J-C Blanchard
Chad Morin
Brian Little
Ondrej Fiala
Kyle Okposo
Blake Geoffrion
Tomas Marcinko
Peter Mueller
Sergey Belyakov

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I wanna get a chance to see Kessel play. He's the consensus number one at this point but the russian Vasyunon might over take him.

however this is still almost two years away and iam sure things will change dramatically.

I want Little to grow to 6'0 so he has a chance to go number 1 :jump:

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Put Brian Strait on that list. He just commited to BU for 2006 and will play for the NTDP the next ywo years.

masked man

Nov 29, 2003
kessel

Honestly Phil kessel does not know where he wants to go and nd would be one of his last choices. and he would be the 95 point modano kessel is a pure sniper he lead the u-18 world championships in goals as an underager you ask me whatever year he goes he should be top two or three

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
don't forget the q 2004 draft class

LittlePenguin66 said:
I know it´s a little bit early but are in 2006 players like Ovechkin or Crosby available or is it a bad year?

Someone some information for me what players are available and to which player they are compareable?

Thanks LP66
lot of great players drafted in this year's qmjhl draft who will be eligible in 2006
like stephane cesar saqueens who scouts say with the right coaching will be the next marc andre fleury

also defense stud drew paris quebec remparts
also look out for vincent zaore vanier of cape breton super stat at home defenseman

Last edited:

masked man

Nov 29, 2003
Und

It is in the middle of no where and one of the worst states. Only one that i can think of that could be any worse is idaho. Kessel will most likely go where one of his teamates are i'm guessing Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin (issue with Skille Though), BU,several others .....Und. Its just the way it will be and und will be lucky to get the other jones brother he took a visit to bu where former coach David Quinn will be coaching. Kessel has taken two unofficial visits to mn at least one two michigan. so it doesn't look good for und. But if your convinced to land him at und you can go talk to him at world junior tryouts, which amazes me that a late 87 is even trying out for usa's u-20 he will definatly go top two and if he went two someone made a mistake.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
What about 2007???

Obviously 06 is extremely early but is 07 supposed to be a decent year or not, and is there any way to tell yet???

My Birthdays Oct 1988 ;) ! LOL

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
PanthersRule said:
What about 2007???

Obviously 06 is extremely early but is 07 supposed to be a decent year or not, and is there any way to tell yet???

I feel kinda old being born in 1982.... man... you missed out on a lot of good stuff :)

Anyway, who are the goalies coming in 2006, Im def going to have to draft one in my fantasy hockey league :teach:

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
masked man, I agree that the odds of Kessel going to UND are slim. Reading into the reports, he seems interested in the "big school", Big-10 type of experience, which is fine.

Also FYI Zach Jones did commit to UND recently, so at least one other top player must not think North Dakota is quite the wasteland you seem to think.

rtafts

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
PanthersRule said:
What about 2007???

hey, so's mine!! What day?

masked man

Nov 29, 2003
Jones

jones went und that suprises me where did you find your information because the only reason i can him going to und is his brother otherwise its just a po dunk town IMO but honestly i'm sure many people liketo go to places where there is one decent city in the whole state so i must be crazy thinking north dakota sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad