2006 Draft media guide

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Interesting to see Grabners fav. team is New York... after everyone has him going there.

As well, Sheppard has Vancouver listed as his.

Also, both Q offensive dmen and Defensive liabilites have Markov listed as favorite player. That's odd. (Carle and Vishnevsky)

Last edited:

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
wow peterborough and london (BARF) have had atleast one player taken in every draft, since 1969 :handclap: and oshawa broke there streak of having one since '69 in last years draft.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Nice job CSS,

But I still can´t believe that Jonas Junland is ranked that low (36th) and Jonas Ahnelöv that high (10th wth?). Junland is better in almost every aspect of the game (except maybe fast skating forward and hitting). I will say it again... Ahnelöv won´t even make the JWC-team. That is my prediction... that might be wrong.. but im sticking with my theory.

Junland. 32 Games = 17 goals 23 assists = 40 points
Ahnelöv 29 Games = 4 goals 11 assists = 15 points

That pretty much says it all, since Ahnelöv is not a defensive realibility either, and is more thought of as an offensive defenseman than a defensive one (well, i would know, ive seen him the whole season and haven´t missed a game). Junland can also take care of both zones really well.

I say.. the NHL-team who picks Ahnelöv will be disappointed in a couple of years, while the one who picked Junland will be thrilled. I really don´t see Ahnelöv as this fantastic player who is worth a first-round pick.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
King Henry I said:
Awesome database. Cool.

Is anybody else dissapointed that Jordan Staal's nickname is "Stallzy?" Nobody could come up with anything better than that???

I love Okposo's: "Opo Bro" :biglaugh:

KH1

Rabid Ranger said:
I love Okposo's: "Opo Bro" :biglaugh:

:biglaugh: If Ben Maxwell could have dinner with 3 people he'd invite Jessica Alba because she has "great style." James Sheppard would invite Don Cherry because he's "always wanted to hear his voice in person." Both Kyle Okposo and Bobby Sanguinetti's favorite TV show is The OC.

Some of these guys are hilarious, both intentionally and unintentionally so!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
King Henry I said:
:biglaugh: If Ben Maxwell could have dinner with 3 people he'd invite Jessica Alba because she has "great style." James Sheppard would invite Don Cherry because he's "always wanted to hear his voice in person." Both Kyle Okposo and Bobby Sanguinetti's favorite TV show is The OC.

Some of these guys are hilarious, both intentionally and unintentionally so!

I like Blake Geoffrion. Three people he wants to have dinner with:
Howie Morenz - He's his great grandfather, and Blake would like to meet him. Cool, I can dig that.
Socrates - "He's a great philosopher, mathemetician, and religious leader." I'm thinking, wow, this guy's really thinking deep! And then the third pick...
Charlize Theron...

Not that I wouldn't mind having dinner with Chalize Theron, I just think it's funny that after two rather deep and meaningful guests, he thinks with his loins ;)

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Great read,, thanks a bunch.

Why is Tysen Dowzdak's favorite player Ryan Malone, though? Random.

mattlef

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto, ON
www.youtube.com
King Henry I said:
Awesome database. Cool.

Is anybody else dissapointed that Jordan Staal's nickname is "Stallzy?" Nobody could come up with anything better than that???

Pretty much every hockey player I've known and played with has had the same type of nickname, from mine, Lefzy (from Lefebvre) to Brett Halls (Hallzy) with the Techumceh cheifs, to Josh Shaw (Shawzy) with Junior Spitfires. Its like a right of passage, if you have a last name that sounds right with "zy", then they'll add it on.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Doomsday Device said:
I find it amusing that the person Matt Corrente admires the most is John Gotti.

Yeah cause he started with nothing and made it to the top :shakehead

Please please please Sather, don't draft this ignoramus :crossfing

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Doomsday Device said:
I find it amusing that the person Matt Corrente admires the most is John Gotti.

:biglaugh:

What a Pejorative Slur.

I don't have to worry about the Canucks drafting this nimrod, because he plays in the OHL!

Guys, I admire Timothy McVeigh because he's a nobody who became a somebody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad