2006 Draft, consensus #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkymoses

Don_Cherry said:
Jonathan Toews has hardly been mentioned. If you don't know who he is, I'd suggest some research. He's a player you'll be hearing a lot about in the next two years.

what's the deal w/him? He's a Canadian at Shattuck who's probably CHL bound, right? Why is he at Shattuck then?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Funkymoses said:
what's the deal w/him? He's a Canadian at Shattuck who's probably CHL bound, right? Why is he at Shattuck then?

Crosby played at Shattuck so it's not unheard of for Canadians intent on playing in the CHL to go through the program.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
trahans99 said:
Is there a consensus #1 for the 2006 draft yet like Crosby and Ovechkin were 2 years prior?

Can anyone give me the top 10 names for that draft at this point (obviously this will change over the next 2 years). The only name i've read are Bryan Little and Kessel from the US.

Thanks

THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX ...

Depending on the length of the lockout ... In fact the unsigned players from the 2004 draft that just happened may in fact re-enter the 2006 draft (CAM BARKER, ANDREW LADD etc), and any from drafts before that (JEFF CARTER, MIKE RICHARDS etc.)...and even better with NO CBA there is NO DRAFT ...So Crosby will be available when the Next draft happens in 2006 ....

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
monster_bertuzzi said:
Were you watching the same game I was? Maxwell had 4 shots on goal and a couple of odd man rushes where he could/should have scored. He's just so fluent and smooth he makes it look effortless. All of this at age 16. He even dropped the gloves last night.
As a matter of fact, I was. I wasn't impressed by him at all. A lot of guys can skate like that in the WHL. He didn't get into a real fight, it was a scrum, everyone grabbed a partner.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
czechhockeyfan said:
Czech prospect Michael Frolik(regular 88 birthdate) is much better than Joensuu even if Joensuu has better size. I saw Joensuu at World Cup last year and this year and I know Frolik well.
Frolik plays regular shifts in Czech Extraleague and looks pretty well.

At this very early point I too have Frolik at #1 for 2006. I wouldn't say he's "much better" than Joensuu but Frolik's play in the top league and under 20's while only 16 is outstanding considering his age. He should be getting more ink on this board.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
czechhockeyfan said:
Czech prospect Michael Frolik(regular 88 birthdate) is much better than Joensuu even if Joensuu has better size. I saw Joensuu at World Cup last year and this year and I know Frolik well.
Frolik plays regular shifts in Czech Extraleague and looks pretty well.

What team does Frolik play for, as I can get some extra league games here and there. thanks.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
montreal said:
What team does Frolik play for, as I can get some extra league games here and there. thanks.

He plays for Rabat Kladno.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
steblick said:
At this very early point I too have Frolik at #1 for 2006. I wouldn't say he's "much better" than Joensuu but Frolik's play in the top league and under 20's while only 16 is outstanding considering his age. He should be getting more ink on this board.

It´s only my opinion that Frolik is much better than Joensuu of course, but I´m not as high on Joensuu as many other people.
BTW I read somewhere your comment regarding Anikeenko´s performance at World Cup and I agree with you. He was really awful in my opinion.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
czechhockeyfan said:
It´s only my opinion that Frolik is much better than Joensuu of course, but I´m not as high on Joensuu as many other people.
BTW I read somewhere your comment regarding Anikeenko´s performance at World Cup and I agree with you. He was really awful in my opinion.

It could have just been a bad tournament for Anikeenko who knows, this year will be a better indication on where he goes though.

jlowry_19

Oct 17, 2004
jonathon toews in my opinion will be number 1 overall, i doubt there is many in the world that have better hands and vision of the ice than him for the '06 draft year, and he is a unreal skater and doesn't shy away from the contact, so if you ask me he is the consensus #1 pick in the 2006 NHL Draft.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
jlowry_19 said:
jonathon toews in my opinion will be number 1 overall, i doubt there is many in the world that have better hands and vision of the ice than him for the '06 draft year, and he is a unreal skater and doesn't shy away from the contact, so if you ask me he is the consensus #1 pick in the 2006 NHL Draft.
He hasn't really established himself anymore than the other candidates, IMO (not yet anyway). Kyle Okposo on the Shattuck's team isn't too far behind Toews, and he isn't even considered the best '88 in the U.S (although still top 3).

There's a pretty good size group in '06 that all seem to be at around the same level at this point, from what I can tell.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
For everyone talking about Michal Frolik...I agree, the kid has deadly puck control and should be a high pick. The only downfall I see is his size, odds are he will put on a couple inches. Joensuu and Frolik should both be top 10.

Unbiased Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad