2005: Your Personal favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I am starting to like Zharkov and Sheppard for Halifax would be a nice mid round pick. Zharkov has an NHL shot with good allround skills. Sheppard is a pest who can play an offensive game.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
My favorites:

Gilbert Brule (Numero Uno!)
Chris Durand (Could go top 10. Big-time offensive talent out of the Dub, yet again)
Devin Setoguchi (Hate to sound like a WHL homer [I am, but I hate to sound like it all the same!], but yet another great player out of the Dub. I don't think he's as offensively talented as some thing, but he's still got the heart of a lion and skates like the wind. Lots of NHL intangibles)
Jakub Kindl (As X-Sharkie said, he's an elite talent. I have a feeling he'll be the #3 overall pick. Has EVERYTHING you want in a defenseman)
Brock Bradford (Darkhorse first rounder with crazy skill. But very small. Like, very.)
Carey Price (I have a feeling he could go top 10 too. Really big for his size, and great technical skill. 6'3, 200+ pounds, and quick? Yikes. Could be a franchise-guy)

Reactions: Leaves34

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Alex Bourret of the Lewiston MAINEiacs is quickly becoming a very favourite player of mine. I was watching Lewiston vs Halifax on the 24th and he got free on a breakaway and absolutely buried it top shelf. Churchill didn't stand a chance on the shot, and that's saying something because he is one of the best in the Q. In two games this year he has three goals and an assist, born in October '86, he's listed at 5'10", 214 lbs, so if he's able to put on another inch or two, I think he could be a great pick this draft.

Sticky*

Staal

Im really suprised nobody has mentioned this kid yet. Far and away my fave for this year. I think by mid-season he will be mentioned with Jakub Kindl and Jack Johnson (though i feel he already is).

Staal has the right pedigree and love for the game to really succeed. Extremely talented, greate size, skating, and shot. Is extremely smart, reminds me of Niklas Lidstrom with his poise (and no i don't think he is the next lidstrom), he is jsut really poised and confident at a young age, much like Eric was with the Petes.

Really reminds me of Eric, I know the play different pos, but in the way they carry themselves on the ice, and both have the ability to raise their play in big games. Will really come on as one of the top d-men this year, much like his brother shot up the rankings in his draft year.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
I'm also big on Wacey Rabbit. I watched him play for Canada a couple years ago...with Brule and some of the other 2005 draft eligible players. Rabbit really seemed to stand out from the others in the one game I saw. Last season his numbers were not that great with Saskatoon, but I think he will put up pretty good numbers this season and although it is still very early in this season, he seems to be putting up better numbers than more highly regarded team mate, Devan Setagouchi. Rabbit never seems to stop skating, and seems responsible at both ends of the ice from what I have seen. For those that have seen him play more often, is he a heart and soul type player only, or does he have the skills to be a point producer at the NHL level as well?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
BIGROCKET said:
I'm also big on Wacey Rabbit. I watched him play for Canada a couple years ago...with Brule and some of the other 2005 draft eligible players. Rabbit really seemed to stand out from the others in the one game I saw. Last season his numbers were not that great with Saskatoon, but I think he will put up pretty good numbers this season and although it is still very early in this season, he seems to be putting up better numbers than more highly regarded team mate, Devan Setagouchi. Rabbit never seems to stop skating, and seems responsible at both ends of the ice from what I have seen. For those that have seen him play more often, is he a heart and soul type player only, or does he have the skills to be a point producer at the NHL level as well?

I am a big Rabbit fan as well. Ever since I seen him at the Canada Winter Games for Alberta I have been a huge fan. I think this year he will be a solid 2nd rounder with the ability to make a push for late late 1st round IMO. He has a cannon of a shot as well, awsome work ethic, will give out hits, plays two way and has great offensive skills.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Must have been some cruel parents to name a kid 'Wacey'. Then again, their last name is 'Rabbit'.

'Wascally' would have been much worse mind you.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
It will be amazing if the habs can draft Guillaume Latendresse. He will be a great a power forward IMO and he is a french canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->