2005 World Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
It's time we leave the NHL labour woes where they belong and start looking forward to the most interesting annual international tournament - the world juniors. It's only 3 months away.

Who are the favourites this year? Canada will be stacked, as will the US and possibly Russia. Who are the main players to watch out for?

All the tournament info can be found here: http://ralphsworldjr.com/index.php?page=index

I'm getting really pumped about it. I'll be able to attend Canada's main camp in Winnipeg. After the team is selected they will be having a week long camp in Gimli, Manitoba. My friend coaches a AAA Midget team based out of there and he has an office beside the dressing room they will be using so I'll be spending some time there as well, watching the camp proceedings. I also bought my tickets to both semi's and the gold medal game yesterday. Can't wait for that trip!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
TSN will broadcast in Canada. And apparently Octagon, an American sports promotion company took over the rights to negotiate TV coverage in the US, which is good news and may mean much beter coverage for American fans.

Also, the Canadian team will be announced after the selection camp in Winnipeg in early December.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Hi Don, I love your new avatar.You say you have tickets for the semi-final and
final already.I remember looking on the website and recall that they were only
selling tickets for the entire tournament at first.So how much does it cost for those 2 games and what are the dates and times for those games?

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Roughneck said:
Yes. Although, I think Burns may have a tougher time cracking the roster than some people might think.
At least if someone has a good memory of how poorly he played in the final
last year.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
pei fan said:
Hi Don, I love your new avatar.You say you have tickets for the semi-final and
final already.I remember looking on the website and recall that they were only
selling tickets for the entire tournament at first.So how much does it cost for those 2 games and what are the dates and times for those games?

Hey man.

Individual game tickets are now on sale, I think they have been for a few weeks but it wasn't advertised at all in Winnipeg so I just found out by visiting the website last week. I expected to hear about it as soon as they were released. If word got out in Winnipeg that these tickets were on sale already it would sell out extremely fast. Grand Forks is only about 3 hours away from here.

The semi final game tickets were each $68.96 CND total. After taxes, extra fees and everything. The gold medal game tickets are $75.58 CDN total. A bit on the expensive side but for what I'll get out of them they are worth every cent. I got seat in the upper level, right at centre ice for the semis and about the blue line for the final. I was hoping for seats behind the net but there were none left.

Last edited:

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Just curious where these games are being played. Are the semi's and the final played down in the states. And are there any games scheduled in Canada?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Chuckalinsky said:
Just curious where these games are being played. Are the semi's and the final played down in the states. And are there any games scheduled in Canada?

North Dakota is hosting the tournament, every game is being played there. All the main games (all Canada, US and medal round games) will be at the Ralph Englestead Arena in Grand Forks, and a few other at Thief River Falls.

X-SHARKIE

I looked into going up to Thief River falls but it's just to far for me to make it. :(

Without Center Ice I won't be able to catch TSN's feed of the Tournament.

Could someone please tape these games for me and i'll send you cash for the tapes,shipping,effort..

Thank you. Just pm me if interested.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
who is the favorite to start in net. I haven't seen any play i do doubt that dubyunk is ready to play already

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
North Dakota is hosting the tournament, every game is being played there. All the main games (all Canada, US and medal round games) will be at the Ralph Englestead Arena in Grand Forks, and a few other at Thief River Falls.

Hey, I'm also from Winnipeg. I heard just a couple weeks ago that team Canada is playing 2 exhibition games at our new arena before they head to the States. I'm not positive, but I believe one game was against Switzerland, and the other against either Finland or Sweden. They should be entertaining games. As well, I know that there are a couple packages available in Winnipeg where the bus will take you down there for the day to watch the bronze and gold games, and then they take you back that same night after the gold game.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
BIGROCKET said:
Hey, I'm also from Winnipeg. I heard just a couple weeks ago that team Canada is playing 2 exhibition games at our new arena before they head to the States. I'm not positive, but I believe one game was against Switzerland, and the other against either Finland or Sweden. They should be entertaining games. As well, I know that there are a couple packages available in Winnipeg where the bus will take you down there for the day to watch the bronze and gold games, and then they take you back that same night after the gold game.

I can't remember the dates but yes, Canada plays Finland and Switzerland in mid-December at the MTS Centre.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
pei fan said:
Brule's not on this list.I know it's only one game ,but he had a heck of a first
game ,will they re-consider maybe if can keep it up.They'd pretty much have to
wouldn't they.
If he keeps going the way he started, he'll be invited to the final selection camp just like Crosby was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad