2005 WJC Div I Group A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Stevex said:
Britain lost 1-0 to Austria, Grabner getting the gwg in the third period. GB goalie Lawrence stopped 39 of 40. Innerwinckler had a 21 shot shutout.

Is this the same Thomas Innerwinckler that played with Frölunda in the swedish juniors last year?

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
after 13min norway is leading 4-0 against kazakhstan which is very surprising. looks like norway has a nice bunch of players, not just olimb. and somehow this is very nice to see.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
gopher said:
AUSTRIAN ROSTER:

Goal:
Horneber Stefan (TSV Erding (GER))
Innerwinkler Thomas (SaiPa Lapeenranta (FIN))

Defense:
Altmann Mario (EV Vienna Capitals)
Quantschnig Christoph (EC KAC)
Riener Joussef (EC The Red Bulls Salzburg)
Lindgren Victor (EC The Red Bulls Salzburg)
Brunnegger Mark (EC Graz 99ers)
Holst Michael (Banff Hockey Academy (CAN))
Ullrich Paul (EC VSV)
Lainer Jakob (EK Zell/See)
Kink Philipp (Wiener Eislöwen-Verein)

Offense:
Pinter Philipp (Valley Junior Warriors (EJHL/USA))
Nödl Andreas (Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL/USA))
Grabner Michael (Spokane Chiefs (CHL/USA))
Rotter Rafael (EC The Red Bulls Salzburg)
Bodemann Yanick (HC Sierre (SUI))
Wechselberger David (EC The Red Bulls Salzburg)
Raffl Thomas (EC VSV)
Iberer Matthias (EC Graz 99ers)
Wilfan Franz (EC KAC)
Ibounig Christoph (EC KAC)
Schwab Matthias (EC The Red Bulls Salzburg)

Key-Players: Innerwinkler, Rotter, Ibounig and Grabner
If you count Grabner as key player then Andreas Nödl definitly is a key player. And Mario Altmann should be the top defenseman of the team.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Austria has won their 2nd game of the tournament vs Italia 5-1.
Stefan Horneber was in goal.

Goals:
Rotter (Pinter)
Raffl (Rotter, Pinter)
Rotter (Nödl)
Nödl (Rotter)
Quantschnig (Bodemann, Lindgren)

1987 born Rotter and Nödl are starting to make some noise...

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
steblick said:
Rotter is quite a fashy talent but small. I have him ahead of Olimb but a year younger. I think he'd be a good late-round steal for someone in this draft.
Yes, he is small. I have seen him play in the second austrian last season and in the first league this season and he doesn't back down from anybody. He has good balance too, so it is not easy to hit him off the puck.

As much as I like Rotter, I even like Nödl more. He is bigger and uses his body very well to protect the puck. What I like most about Nödl is his patience. He is able to keep the puck and make a deadly pass or a shot at the right time.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Aagh. Britain goes 3-0 down to France in the first ten minutes.. heroically pull it back to 3-3 with 8 minutes left then let two more in to lose 5-3. Grr.

Considering Britain only lost 1-0 to Austria who beat Italy 5-1, hopefully Britain will beat Italy too and avoid relegation. They never do what they're supposed to though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I drafted Lars Erik Spets on EHM and he rules for me. What a find :D

Does he have a future in the NHL?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
go kim johnsson said:
I drafted Lars Erik Spets on EHM and he rules for me. What a find :D

Does he have a future in the NHL?

His swedish coach Tommy Sandlin (multiple Swedish Championship winner, also won a gold medal at a world championship in the '80s) thinks so.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Just noticed the GB squad is quite a lot younger with only seven '85 guys on it and seven '87 guys playing which hopefully means good experience for returning players (if they survive the division). The KAZ and NOR squads have seventeen and fourteen '85 guys respectively. Although I think KAZ's goalie is very young, another '87.

AUT's squad is interesting.. they only have three '87 guys but they might be the best three players - Nodl, Rotter and Grabner.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Whoa.. Kazakhstan hammering the Austrians 7-1 after only two periods. I didnt expect that.

Apparently the Austrians arent playing badly, the Kazakhs have just been very very good. (even without Pushkaryev)

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Norway won 5-4 against France. Very tied game... France rallied from 0-3 to 3-3 but fell again 5-3 before a late goal. France dominated with 36 shoot to 23.
Norway is now the clear favorite for the #1 spot with 3 wins in 3 games.

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
Stevex said:
Whoa.. Kazakhstan hammering the Austrians 7-1 after only two periods. I didnt expect that.

Apparently the Austrians arent playing badly, the Kazakhs have just been very very good. (even without Pushkaryev)

Their 85 group is strong and but remember that this group plus Pushkarev failed at the Under-18s two years ago. There is a huge gap between division 1 and the elite teams.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Belizarius said:
Norway won 5-4 against France. Very tied game... France rallied from 0-3 to 3-3 but fell again 5-3 before a late goal..

Hah! Taste of your own medicine ;)

Looks like Britain are the clear favorites for relegation. Hopefully such a young group will come back better in the next two years.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
cagney said:
There's a very young ('90 birthdate) British player at Shattuck-St. Mary's who is supposed to be quite good. He plays on the bantam team which is loaded with quality players. His name is Tom Duggan. Here's a link to the team page... Link

I suppose he could end up on the British junior rosters in a year or two considering their lack of depth.

NO WAY!!! I played on the same team as him for like 4 years!

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Congrats to Norway.. they also hammered GB 10-3. Clear champions.

Finn - what do you remember about his playing style for us British fans? Any details would be much appreciated.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Stevex said:
Congrats to Norway.. they also hammered GB 10-3. Clear champions.

Finn - what do you remember about his playing style for us British fans? Any details would be much appreciated.

well I remember him scoring like 4 goals a game... very offensive.... great leader (was captain) although he did have a bit of a attitude sometimes IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad