2005: Tyler Hawes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
What does everyone think of PEI Rocket forward Tyler Hawes of NS??
I have seen him play a few times, this year and last, and he looks to be much more confident out there this year. I think he will produce some points this season playing on one of the top 2 lines in Charlottetown.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hes a good player. Big guy, 6'03 200, has good skating ability and good hands. Someone will get a good player if they take Hawes, i can see him droping a bit though because he isnt dominating out there but has good potential.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Hes a good player. Big guy, 6'03 200, has good skating ability and good hands. Someone will get a good player if they take Hawes, i can see him droping a bit though because he isnt dominating out there but has good potential.

I think he would go a lot higher in the draft if he would take the body more. I think it's going to be very interesting what the PEI '05's do this year. Mior, Hawes, Grags, Truhno, Korp. I hope the Habs take a long look at these kids.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
montreal said:
I think he would go a lot higher in the draft if he would take the body more. I think it's going to be very interesting what the PEI '05's do this year. Mior, Hawes, Grags, Truhno, Korp. I hope the Habs take a long look at these kids.

Habs have too many Rockey, or former Rocket, in their system now, haha. :D
Lambert, Urquart, Bonneau, Lapierre, am I missing anyone??

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
hossy316 said:
Habs have too many Rockey, or former Rocket, in their system now, haha. :D
Lambert, Urquart, Bonneau, Lapierre, am I missing anyone??

No you got them all. But I'd be all for adding Hawes or Grags (although he's not very strong) Plus I haven't seen the two Euro's yet, but I have heard very good things about them both.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
montreal said:
No you got them all. But I'd be all for adding Hawes or Grags (although he's not very strong) Plus I haven't seen the two Euro's yet, but I have heard very good things about them both.

Well Trukhno got a double minor in his 2nd shift of the season opener on Friday night and never played a shift after that due to a shoulder injury, so I didn't get to see much of him. He is supposedly out 7-10 days with this "Upper Body Injury" :lol:

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Hawes eh

I'm not so sure Hawes will be on the top two lines all season..... he is there now because of the injury to Truhno. When Slava returns I would expect Hawes to be a third liner who occasionally slides into a top 6 role as Vigneault sees fit from game to game

He is a big kid with lots of potential but he just doesn't dominate at all.... he takes too many shifts off and well these great hands some people think he has I haven't seen much evidence of.

I would expect he'd be a mid rounder at best.

I also am not overly impressed with Korpinen thus far but perhaps it's just an adjustment time needed.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Trukhno is really skilled. I watched him here in a Pre-season game. Looked like Pavel Bure in his skating style. Also pretty gritty considering he is a 17 year old import in new surroundings.

PEI has some nice prospects for 05.

Mior - 1st rd
Gragnani - 2nd rd
Trukhno - 2nd rd
Hawes - 3rd rd
Korpinen - 5th rd

All are solid players.

pei_bruins

Sep 1, 2003
Summerside, PEI
Visit site
I don't know if the Habs will continue drafting a lot of Rocket players, I attribute the preference in the past to the fact that the team was in Montreal. But the Rocket do have several guys that should go fairly high in the 2005 draft. I hope to get to as many games as possible, as I didn't get to many last year.

PS. Tyler Hawes was here for the National Midget Softball Tournament this past summer and was one of the better players in the tournament, so he's definitely a good all around athlete.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
pei_bruins said:
I don't know if the Habs will continue drafting a lot of Rocket players, I attribute the preference in the past to the fact that the team was in Montreal. But the Rocket do have several guys that should go fairly high in the 2005 draft. I hope to get to as many games as possible, as I didn't get to many last year.

PS. Tyler Hawes was here for the National Midget Softball Tournament this past summer and was one of the better players in the tournament, so he's definitely a good all around athlete.

I'm sure Vigneault has something to do with it as well. They know that any PEI prospects are getting good coaching at least.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
La-La-Laprise said:
All those guys were drafted before Vigneult was the coach, im 75% sure.

Yes they were, I mean for the new players, sorry wasn't clear. I agree with the poster who said it had to do with the Rocket playing in the Bell center, since management could see them any time. Since they traded up to get Lambert, I would think they saw something in him since he was playing right below their offices.

Mooseheads@HF

Jan 17, 2003
East Coast
La-La-Laprise said:
Trukhno is really skilled. I watched him here in a Pre-season game. Looked like Pavel Bure in his skating style. Also pretty gritty considering he is a 17 year old import in new surroundings.
Yea he droped then with Justin Saulnier in that preseason game, as my avatar shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad