2005 top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
moosefan said:
IMO Saulnier is going to be one of the better players from the QMJHL next year. THis kid can be an offensive dynamo with gritty play and he is not scared to drop the gloves either. This year he is playing a different role with the Moose as it does not fit his offensive game, but it will allow him to work on different demensions of his game and really make him a better player in the long run. Next year he will be let lose a bit more in the offensive zone.

Not to mention the way be pounded the s*** out of Travis Coles the other night... do i sense some animosity among the former Team Atlantic teammates??

Safir*

Daniel_Tkaczuk said:
9. Christoph Gawlik GERMANY *BELIEVE HE'S ELIGIBLE, CANT FIND BIRTHDATE

Wow. Why do you see him going so high in the draft?

On the Adler's HP they have him at 5'8" (173 cm) and 178 lbs. Sounds to me like a Samsonov clone.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
TomACE said:
Wow. Why do you see him going so high in the draft?

On the Adler's HP they have him at 5'8" (173 cm) and 178 lbs. Sounds to me like a Samsonov clone.
Hes awesome!!!He is apparently playing in the highest German League at age 16... He was a major standout at the U-17's..

Safir*

GOBRUINS19 said:
Hes awesome!!!He is apparently playing in the highest German League at age 16... He was a major standout at the U-17's..

Just looked up some info on the web. Yes that U17 tournament was awesome for him (4 G 2A.)

He played only one game this season for the Adler. http://www.adler-mannheim.de/
-> Statistik -> Adler

Mar 10, 2004
Newfie Bruin said:
Here is my Top 20

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brulé
3. Vitaly Anikeenko D
4. Guillaume Latendresse
5. Dan Bertram
6. Andrew Cogliano
7. J.P Levasseur G
8. Chris Durand
9. J.P Paquet D
10. Christoph Gawlik
11. Patrick McNeill D
12. Devon Setoguchi
13. Jack Johnson D
14. Chris Lawrence
15. Gennady Churilov
16. Luc Bourdon D
17. Nathan Drazenovic
18. Ryan Mior G
19. Marek Bartanus
20. Daniel Ryder
21. Vladimir Kovac G
22. Brock Bradford
Are you kidding me? Where are Saulnier and Shepherd. There are about six players here that don't even come close to their skill.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
OneSpeedOnly said:
I'll take a stab at a top 15. For the European players i'm just basing it on what iv'e read/heard as i haven't seen them play. Might be a little OHL heavy, those are the guys I get to see the most.

1. Crosby
2. Brule
3. Latendresse
4. Ryan
5. Anikeenko
6. Levassuer
7. Bourdon
8. Bertram
9. Staal
10. McNeil
11. Cogliano
12. Heshmatpour
13. Ryder
14. Drazenovic
15. Lashoff
You're missing Kindl.... and unless Heshmatpour steps it up significantly, he won't be first round, let alone top 15.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
OneSpeedOnly said:
Ryan has meant so much more to his team that Little, O Marra etc. Even in his goalscoring slump he has found ways to improve his game. His skating has dramatically improved since the start of the year. He has definetly not been "invisible", I can tell you don't see him much. The Spezza comparison leaves me scratching my head. How is a 6'2 220 winger who is developing into a power forward with great hands and on ice presence, with good checking abilioty at all like Jason spezza??

I know you're a fan of Ryan and he is one of the guys I'm very interested in as well for this upcoming season. For those interested in a little more background on him there's a feature on him in the latest THN. This kid has had some whacky upbringing as a result of his mom and dad's troubles. I wish him all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->