Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
So? Chcoutimi sucked. They totally underachaieved. And?

Come on now are you serious? Laziest player in the draft.

In a five year span, I will put my rep at stake. I Cog is not better than Zap at that time I will never post here again. I would stake that on draft position, but I'm sure there are more GM's hoping to get a total steal.

Marek is a bust. Trust me.

finally, someone else says it besides me. :)

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Legionnaire said:

In a five year span, I will put my rep at stake. I Cog is not better than Zap at that time I will never post here again. I would stake that on draft position, but I'm sure there are more GM's hoping to get a total steal.

No 18 y/o projected #1 pick 'is a bust' before he's even selected.

I do agree than Zagrapan is a guy I would be terrified of picking. In the games I saw of him, he looked lazy and perimeter-ish as hell, and comments from people who've seen him regularly seem to echo that. But of course there's an obvious skill level there.

I'd be worried that, even if his skill does translate to pro, you'd end up with a Czerkawski-type skilled floater who just can't fit into a winning system. I don't know if I'd have him top-20.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MS said:
No 18 y/o projected #1 pick 'is a bust' before he's even selected.

I wish you could have told that to the GM's and scouts during my draft year. :biglaugh:

It's the lack of effort that bothers me. The best players in any sport are always trying to improve themselves. He's got top talent for sure, but unless he decides he want to dedicate himself, you're right. He may end up like a Czerchowski(sp)

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
steblick said:
Some thoughts:
Hanzal looks like a top 15 pick after a solid U18 tourney combined with excellent size.

Pavelec is also (as one poster noted) a top 30 candidate now.

Vojta was a smart pick too- although he's wildly inconsistent.

Laakso has really dropped- he hasn't improved over the season at all and hasn't improved strength, play without puck etc.

I'm not a Krysanov fan- lacks hockey sense.

I'll go with Istomin still as the top Russian pick, with Zubarev right on his heels. Buravchikov has great skill but is really small and had trouble containing his man at the U18s. Zubov is waste of skill- soft, soft, soft and a perimeter player to end all perimeter players- and in fact I haven't met any scouts who have thought otherwise.

Mikus was another astute pick by the earlier poster- he was very ...umm... Zagrapan-ish at the U18s.

Would you agree with me that Mikus is the best Slovakian prospect(barring Zagrapan) this year?
As I said here in the past, I really don´t like Bartanus and Lelkes and I think they were unimpressive again at championship, especially Bartanus. I would like to hear your opinion on both.
Krysanov and Zubov are both waste of talent, Zubarev is still enigma for me but I like his potencial.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
czechhockeyfan said:
Would you agree with me that Mikus is the best Slovakian prospect(barring Zagrapan) this year?
As I said here in the past, I really don´t like Bartanus and Lelkes and I think they were unimpressive again at championship, especially Bartanus. I would like to hear your opinion on both.
Krysanov and Zubov are both waste of talent, Zubarev is still enigma for me but I like his potencial.

Yes- I have to go with Mikus after the U18s, in fact he reminds me of Zagrapan in many ways. Bartanus looks great in practices but he's beginning to wear out his welcome with me- he produces little in games. Lelkes is an enigma- he'll ocassionally show a pro-level talent (a great shot, a power-forward break to the net) and then look like a lost bantam player.

Hanzal had only that one case of ducking that I saw. Bertram had a head full of steam and would have creamed him. OK- Hanzal didn't look too manly then, but why allow yourself to get creamed. Anyway, it's not a habit (as far as I can see) with him.

Last edited:

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Legionnaire said:

In a five year span, I will put my rep at stake. If Cog is not better than Zap at that time I will never post here again. I would stake that on draft position, but I'm sure there are more GM's hoping to get a total steal.

Psssh... man, who are you kidding? He's 18, undrafted, 80-something pts. in 50-something games. A bust? Cogliano is playing in a league one step above PeeWee. Does he have talent, yes, and while he shouldn't be written off 'cause of size, it is a serious concern in this day and age, and it most likely will hold him back.

Zagrapan might be soft and smallish, but he can get stronger than Cogliano considering he's a lot bigger. He has much more talent also... maybe he can't dangle quite as well, but all Cogliano does is dangle and float. Zagrapan has excellent positioning and pinpoint passing. You'd be a fool to take Cogliano ahead of him. I don't think Cogliano will go till mid 2nd.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I think Bartanus definitely has potential as a good fourth liner. Lelkes a 2nd or 3rd, and I always thought Belov was better than Zubarev, but I suppose he's dropped off...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Legionnaire said:

In a five year span, I will put my rep at stake. If Cog is not better than Zap at that time I will never post here again. I would stake that on draft position, but I'm sure there are more GM's hoping to get a total steal.

Have you ever seen Zagrapan play other then the WJC? If anything he doesn't play physical enough but his stick skills alone make him better then most forwards in the draft.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Legionnaire said:

:biglaugh:

First of. Chicoutimi sucked. Really? Last time I checked, they were the only team to beat Rimouski in 2005. They finished in the top 5 in Quebec and were top 10 in Canada for a little while.

You just can't say that a player with that much skill will be a sure bust. Yes, he could be one down the road because he has a few weakness in his game, but he will be picked top 10 and for a reason. Think of Alexei Zhamnov.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
markov` said:
You just can't say that a player with that much skill will be a sure bust. Yes, he could be one down the road because he has a few weakness in his game, but he will be picked top 10 and for a reason. Think of Alexei Zhamnov.

I don't think it unreasonable at all to place Zagrapan out of the top ten.

Googa

Jun 3, 2004
Saguenay
I saw Marek Zagrapan during 15 games and he will be #12-18. He has great skill. He's very very fast on his skate and his vision is very good. But I found that is skate too much for nothing. On PP , Zaggy stay calm in his corner and BAM the puck is in the net. But on Even strenght, he keeps the puck 1 or 2 second too much and that broke the play. If he correct this, it will be very dangerous.

Sorry my english is very poor.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I think Zagrapan's tangibles are top 10 for sure, but he plays a very European game, whjich unfortunately doesn't fly well in the NHL. Might fall to 20 just because there are quite a few NA tanks like Skille and Bertram.

Huge risk factor. I've heard that Zhamnov comparison several times, but he might wind up like a Nedved who could never capitalize on such immense talent because of the way the NHL is. Transitional ability is the killer here. He could do on Chicoutimi, can he carry it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->