2005: Tom Fritsche

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

I got to see Ohio State absolutely humiliate a good team in Miami Ohio 9-3.

I kept a good eye on #11 Tom Fritsche. Has anyone else seen him play? I don't know by heart but isn't he supposed to be selected around late 1st - mid 2nd in 05? He looked very good.
He is a very excited player, with great speed and agility, has some really flashy moves but seems to loose the puck somtimes when doing so, He really appears to have great vision and made alot of smart plays with the puck...Terrific work ethic, not as big as his brother but plays just as good if not better in traffic, competes extremely hard, caused Miami fits when they were trying to get the puck out of the zone, excelent on the forecheck. Made alot of things happen on the ice and really made players around him better and there jobs easier.

Anyone else seen him play? He looks like a 1st rounder to me...but this is my 1st,only time seeing him play.

On the negative he could bulk up, he plays hard as hell but still got pushed around by bigger defenseman.

X-SHARKIE

Legionnaire said:
How did Marty Guerin look from MofO? He is/was leading the nation in scoring.

He looked damn good when the puck was in his hand or in the offensive zone, but he has some holes, not really a prototypical NHL forward really....But it mostly can all be fixed with coaching.

ANywho is Marty Drafted? They said he's only a sophmore and he was one of the best players on the ice with reallly impressive hands and quickness.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
X-SHARKIE said:
He looked damn good when the puck was in his hand or in the offensive zone, but he has some holes, not really a prototypical NHL forward really....But it mostly can all be fixed with coaching.

ANywho is Marty Drafted? They said he's only a sophmore and he was one of the best players on the ice with reallly impressive hands and quickness.

Why do you think I asked? The Kings of course. 9th round. We've been doing a pretty good job scouting MofO. We got Greg Hogeboom who looks like he can pan out to be a pretty good player as well. I would have liked for us to have taken Matt Christie last year as well.

X-SHARKIE

Legionnaire said:
Why do you think I asked? The Kings of course. 9th round. We've been doing a pretty good job scouting MofO. We got Greg Hogeboom who looks like he can pan out to be a pretty good player as well. I would have liked for us to have taken Matt Christie last year as well.

Yeah I wanted the Sharks to take a stab on Christie, I had him going in the 3rd-4th round last year and he fell to the 8th!!

Two things:

Guerin was a great pick, he needs to bulk up! he much like Fritsche gets pushed around alot, He back checks hard and competes hard in his own zone BUT! he often over pursues and makes some bad decisisions in his own zone, but like I said it can be coached out of him.
Works very hard, competes, and has some great wheels and skill.... Sounsd like Fritsche doesn't it? For the lack of size and defensive awareness being his missing ingredients, i'm surprised the Kings got him so late.

Is he the same Martin Guerin that was awesome for the Des'Moinse Bucs ? I got to play with at a tournament in Des'Moines and I got to see one of there games, he was the best player on the ice, and then he impressed me once again in Green Bay.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
X-SHARKIE said:
Yeah I wanted the Sharks to take a stab on Christie, I had him going in the 3rd-4th round last year and he fell to the 8th!!

Two things:

Guerin was a great pick, he needs to bulk up! he much like Fritsche gets pushed around alot, He back checks hard and competes hard in his own zone BUT! he often over pursues and makes some bad decisisions in his own zone, but like I said it can be coached out of him.
Works very hard, competes, and has some great wheels and skill.... Sounsd like Fritsche doesn't it? For the lack of size and defensive awareness being his missing ingredients, i'm surprised the Kings got him so late.

Is he the same Martin Guerin that was awesome for the Des'Moinse Bucs ? I got to play with at a tournament in Des'Moines and I got to see one of there games, he was the best player on the ice, and then he impressed me once again in Green Bay.

Yep. That sounds/looks like it is.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid[]=65888

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
I like Tom, but I don't think he's as talented as his brother. I think 2nd/3rd round is a good bet, as he's a super energetic player with good wheels, like his brother, but he's gritter and more hard nosed.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Sharkie,

I saw him play a couple weekends ago (Fritsche). I agree with most everything you said, and I also agree with everyone who says he won't go first round. He competes real hard and has skills, but he gets knocked off the puck WAY too easy. He spent more time on the ice than on his feet in the 2 games I saw him. He needs to work on his balance, because to be a small guy and make it in the pros you have to be able to be strong on your feet to overcome any size disadvantages.

X-SHARKIE

TMHUNH said:
Sharkie,

I saw him play a couple weekends ago (Fritsche). I agree with most everything you said, and I also agree with everyone who says he won't go first round. He competes real hard and has skills, but he gets knocked off the puck WAY too easy. He spent more time on the ice than on his feet in the 2 games I saw him. He needs to work on his balance, because to be a small guy and make it in the pros you have to be able to be strong on your feet to overcome any size disadvantages.

I have him around 45 on my list, but he has 1st round type numbers so far....thats why I was just asking about him...

Thank you all for your thoughts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad