2005 NHL entry draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwOOsh*

thegreatone said:
Wow the top 2 will be the best I have seen for a long time.

The top 5 is wonderful too !

That's my top 5

Sidney Crosby
Gilbert Brule
Olivier Latendresse
Anikeenko
Jakub Kindl

:eek:

I can't wait for this draft with Washington likely to add one of those players.

X-SHARKIE

I'm really really looking forward to this draft. Today I popped in some old draft tapes and had a blast looking at those :)

2004 draft is going to have some good players but alot of busts, but 2005 is somthing to get excited about and from what i've seen has a chance to produce alot of elite players.

My top 5.

Sharks also have two 2nd round picks so i'm hoping they are major players in the draft.

I've only seen a handfull of players but I've already seen alot of elite talent in players like Kindl,Anikeenko,Crosby,Brule,Latendresse,Rask,Laakso, JOHNSON!!

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
We could see Defensemen that would have been top 5 in 2004 going in the late 20s in 2005 from what I've been reading.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
montreal said:
He was passed over, it's a shame cause he's got good playmaking skills, but his size has to hold him back. I thought a team would take a shot on him late, but perhaps next year.

He's at a tryout now I believe with a west coast team. The Sharks maybe?

TKLOOCH22

Jul 23, 2002
Nueva York
Visit site
Reveille said:
Latendresse and Setoguchi (who is my one big prediction to rise a LOT).

I like Setoguchi as well. He's a leader, great skater, big hitter with nice offensive skills. He's quite a package when you see other guys with holes in their game.

X-SHARKIE

TKLOOCH22 said:
I like Setoguchi as well. He's a leader, great skater, big hitter with nice offensive skills. He's quite a package when you see other guys with holes in their game.

Setoguchi is also one of my favorites to sneak into a top 10 selection.

I also really really like Ryan O'Marra... Setoguchi is a great player.

Overall the 2005 draft is going to be a very highly skilled draft.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
TKLOOCH22 said:

I have Setoguchi going in my top 10 in my draft. IMO he is one of the most complete, if not the most complete player in the draft. Exciting on offense with great skill, works the boards, hits like a truck, super skater, two way, great character what else would you want from a player. IMO he has the ability to be a top 5 pick in any draft year and don't exactley count him out of this years top 5 when all is said and done either because he has elite skill that not too many players have.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
moosefan said:
I have Setoguchi going in my top 10 in my draft. IMO he is one of the most complete, if not the most complete player in the draft. Exciting on offense with great skill, works the boards, hits like a truck, super skater, two way, great character what else would you want from a player. IMO he has the ability to be a top 5 pick in any draft year and don't exactley count him out of this years top 5 when all is said and done either because he has elite skill that not too many players have.

He's pretty much a mini-Brule from the games I've seen of him. He can do everything Brule does just all not as well. You're right, he would be a *guaranteed* top 10 pick in any other draft.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
moosefan said:
:shakehead how does scoring a hattrick make you almost as good as this guy. Crosby had 7 points in his first game Brule had three. Seen both play live and I will tell you that Crosby is way ahead of Brule.

How about Staal??? I hear he is pretty good too!

TKLOOCH22

Jul 23, 2002
Nueva York
Visit site
moosefan said:

My team is the Rangers and if they have a top pick say, 4th, for argument...I could see them definately taking Setoguchi over someone like Cogliano or Latendresse. The defensemen are another story, but the Rangers always go with the skilled guy with the attitude and character package rather than the flash. (Korpikoski over Schremp, for example).

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
TKLOOCH22 said:
My team is the Rangers and if they have a top pick say, 4th, for argument...I could see them definately taking Setoguchi over someone like Cogliano or Latendresse. The defensemen are another story, but the Rangers always go with the skilled guy with the attitude and character package rather than the flash. (Korpikoski over Schremp, for example).

don't underrate Latendresse, he has alot of character and leadership qualities along with super offensive and great defensive skills. He is also one of the strongest players in the draft as well.

CH Wizard

As a habs fan I would draft Setoguchi,Latendresse(He's top 5 material We have to make a trade to move up), Johnson(We have to trade to moveup to get him).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
thegreatone said:
As a habs fan I would draft Setoguchi,Latendresse(He's top 5 material We have to make a trade to move up), Johnson(We have to trade to moveup to get him).

That would be outstanding if the Habs could land one of them, as they could sorely use any of the three.

CH Wizard

montreal said:
That would be outstanding if the Habs could land one of them, as they could sorely use any of the three.

Yep.I noticed that our two weakness are a player with grit (a PF) and a offensive D.Setoguchi or Latendresse or Johnson can be great fit there ( they will fill the weaknesses , We have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad