2005 HFNHL Draft Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

Remember gentlemen that this year's draft will snake (30th picks 31st in the second round etc.).

As I announce this I wish I could see a particular GM's face as he realizes he traded away the pick that will end up being Sydney Crosby.

The drafting teams may have changed as I'm sure there are a few of these picks that have been traded since but are not yet updated on the site.

Team Pick Drafting Team
1. BOS COL
2. ANA ANA
3. MTL PHX
4. BUF BUF
5. NJD BOS
6. CAR BUF
7. LAK LAK
8. NSH NSH
9. DET DET
10. COL COL
11. TBL NYI
12. MIN MIN
13. VAN VAN
14. CBJ CGY
15. EDM EDM
16. PHI PHI
17. PHX PHX
18. DAL STL
19. FLA FLA
20. NYR NYR
21. CHI CHI
22. CGY CGY
23. WAS OTT
24. SJS NYI
25. TOR TOR
26. ATL COL
27. OTT CGY
28. STL STL
29. NYI NYI
30. PIT PIT

BTW - Don't kill the messanger ;) ISS and another group did mock lottery drafts and ours turned out to be the least bizarre outcome of the three I've seen.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Well, after winning the last two lotteries, I wasn't holding my breath for a third one.

I will say right now though, that I am looking to trade up, for a top five pick, well, 2-5 pick I guess. So, any inquiries, send them to [email protected] or on MSN at the same address.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Remember gentlemen that this year's draft will snake (30th picks 31st in the second round etc.).

As I announce this I wish I could see a particular GM's face as he realizes he traded away the pick that will end up being Sydney Crosby.

The drafting teams may have changed as I'm sure there are a few of these picks that have been traded since but are not yet updated on the site.

Team Pick Drafting Team
1. BOS COL
2. ANA ANA
3. MTL PHX
4. BUF BUF
5. NJD BOS
6. CAR BUF
7. LAK LAK
8. NSH NSH
9. DET DET
10. COL COL
11. TBL NYI
12. MIN MIN
13. VAN VAN
14. CBJ CGY
15. EDM EDM
16. PHI PHI
17. PHX PHX
18. DAL STL
19. FLA FLA
20. NYR NYR
21. CHI CHI
22. CGY CGY
23. WAS OTT
24. SJS NYI
25. TOR TOR
26. ATL COL
27. OTT CGY
28. STL STL
29. NYI NYI
30. PIT PIT

BTW - Don't kill the messanger ;) ISS and another group did mock lottery drafts and ours turned out to be the least bizarre outcome of the three I've seen.

Man-o-man... :cry:

GM Kruegs

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Wow...in a way, it's almost depressing to have the #2 pick! So close!!!

No pleasing some people!

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
kasper11 said:
I have to ask...Rob, Ville, either of you remember what the deal for that pick was?

I found it.

To COL: Afinogenov + ATL 1st 2003 + BOS 1st 2005 + STL 7th 05
To BOS: Markov + NJ 1st 2005 + BOS 2nd 2004

Was quite a while ago and it's how I acquired NJD 1st, which I thought would have a far better chance of landing Crosby 2 years ago as you had started your rebuilding phase. Where was that crystal ball...

Man-o-man. Lottery. What can you do!

No regrets...at least I pick 5th instead of 29th :)

Still...Crosby... :cry:

GM Kruegs

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Man, that really sucks.

Dallas would have been one of the bottom three teams without a doubt, and there pick now falls all the way to 18. And the Blues picks falls just short of the bottom. All of a sudden the trade I made thinking I had a sure lottery pick looks much less impressive.

Alas, I soldier on....

HFNHL Red Wings

Brock said:
19th.....yuk!

Oh well, maybe Crosby will fall. :D

Yeh, sorry about that. You were the last of the '3 ball' teams at 19th. In comparison that was one of the better results of our lottery in that the other two mock one's had one or two such 3 ball teams that fell all the way to the 20's.
The real oddity of all this is that in every version, ours included, a single ball team won the lottery. I'm extremely curious to see if that happens in the NHL lottery next week.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Re: 2005 Pick

3 first first round picks in 2005 (including Tampa's) and I get 11th, 24th and 29th. This really hurts :cry:

HFNHL Red Wings

Hossa said:
With the NHL only doing a 7 round draft, are we going to stop at 7 as well?

I hadn't heard that particular piece. While I have my own thoughts on the matter we havn't discussed this and so the answer is 'I don't know'

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
islanders said:
3 first first round picks in 2005 (including Tampa's) and I get 11th, 24th and 29th. This really hurts :cry:

When did you got my 1st in 2005? I traded it to SJ years ago, what did you have to offer to SJ?

I am happy that my pick didnt end up with the 1st overall pick. I guess I can live with a 11th overall pick being lost.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Tampa GM said:
When did you got my 1st in 2005? I traded it to SJ years ago, what did you have to offer to SJ?

I am happy that my pick didnt end up with the 1st overall pick. I guess I can live with a 11th overall pick being lost.

You originally traded me your pick for my 2nd, Liv and something else (can't recall) then I traded the pick to SJ for Jeff O'Neil and I got the pick back along with SJ 1st and Saprykn for Scott Niedermayer.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
islanders said:

Yeah. well my three first rounders are 14th, 22nd and 27th!

I am going to look to move up into the top ten, willing to part with a couple of those picks to do so.

Matthew GM FLAMES

:cry:

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
1, 10, 26... I'm more than satisfied.. although it could have been 1, 5 and 10 as I remember it as me being the one who pushed for the ATL1-NJ1 addition to the deal.. I guess now I'm going to be recieving daily offers for the 1st ov.. ;)

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I'm looking to move up a few spots with the 10th alternatively a few more spots with the 26th pick.. I have 4 2nd rounders and 3 3rd rounders that can be used as well as other picks, prospects and players...

HFNHL Red Wings

FYI, Detroit 'may' consider trading down from the 9th pick for the right deal. I'm so used to drafting in the 20 something range I don't know if I can deal with the pressure that comes with a top 10 pick :propeller

Brent Burns Beard