2005 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
let´s say that your favorite team has the 5th pick in the 1st round (Crosby, Brule and Johnson gone). Who would you pick??? (Remenber your fav team need)
my choice one of those: Dan Bertram, Marek Zagrapan or Anze Kopitar

X-SHARKIE

Latendresse would fit, I'm also very high on Bobby Ryan and the Sharks could add another big forward...It never hurts... So one of those two would be my favorites. I've only seen him once and he didn't score but he still showed flashes of brilliance and that's Pouliot...I would like to see more of him, he's a big forward with elite skating and hands IMO. But I would like to see him do it at a consistant basis.

Jakub Kindl still intrigues me, He has so much Raw ability that you could devolope him into your #1 defenseman role. His numbers aren't exciting at all but you gotta love his ability.

I guess I would go with Bobby Ryan or Latendresse, with Kindl close at third.

rebedom

Nov 27, 2003
X-SHARKIE said:
Latendresse would fit, I'm also very high on Bobby Ryan and the Sharks could add another big forward...It never hurts... So one of those two would be my favorites. I've only seen him once and he didn't score but he still showed flashes of brilliance and that's Pouliot...I would like to see more of him, he's a big forward with elite skating and hands IMO. But I would like to see him do it at a consistant basis.

Jakub Kindl still intrigues me, He has so much Raw ability that you could devolope him into your #1 defenseman role. His numbers aren't exciting at all but you gotta love his ability.

I guess I would go with Bobby Ryan or Latendresse, with Kindl close at third.

Hey Sharkie - if we assume the Sens pick around 23rd who do you think is left that they would take?

X-SHARKIE

rebedom said:
Hey Sharkie - if we assume the Sens pick around 23rd who do you think is left that they would take?

My money would be on forward Jack Skille of the USNTDP, he has good size and plays extremely strong the puck, Sens seem to value skating, two way play, and Hockey sense the most, and SKille gets A's in all three. I would say he would be the Sens go to guy if they have a shot at him IMO.

Sens like the Sharks draft similar and I think my team well also want there hands on him. Marc Staal is also a player that might fit the Sens mold.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
The Leafs would Select Benoit Pouliot with the 5th pick in the 2005 draft. The Leafs have great depth at the Center position, but lack scoring wingers, and Pouliot fits the bill. He is big strong on his skates can score goals, and is a great all around player, would look great playign with Steen or Antropov in the future. Another guy is Niklas Berfgors. These guys are the type of players Leafs lack in there system Players who can skate n put the puck in the net. :D

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Setoguchi

Jungle Boy said:
let´s say that your favorite team has the 5th pick in the 1st round (Crosby, Brule and Johnson gone). Who would you pick??? (Remenber your fav team need)
my choice one of those: Dan Bertram, Marek Zagrapan or Anze Kopitar

His game is under rated. Can hit, score and pass. Will be a good NHL winger.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If Crosby, Brule and Johnson are gone, then I'd go for Latendresse at this stage, despite the Sabres glaring need for defensive prospects. This looks like a very weak draft for D-men....

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Sharkie-

Who do you think the Caps will go for? Our needs in my opinion are:

1. #1 D-man to go with Yonkman. Eminger, Morrisonn, Green, Shultz, Lepsito, Hedman.

2. Centerman who is a Top 2 line guy.

3. Add grit

We are of course hoping for one of Crosby, Brule, or Johnson.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
borro said:
Sharkie-

1. #1 D-man to go with Yonkman. Eminger, Morrisonn, Green, Shultz, Lepsito, Hedman.

3. Add grit

I think that there is only one potential #1 d-man in this draft, and that's Jack Johnson.

X-SHARKIE

borro said:
Sharkie-

3. Add grit

I would say Johnson as well, I have to agree with Markov... But they wont turn down Crosby if they get the #1 pick. Brule and Ovechkin combo would be very interesting, along with Semin....Very interesting.

fred2792

Nov 3, 2004
Ste-Therese
From Montréal point of view, I hope that we gone draft Anze Kopitar at the 18 spot. I realy like what I read on him but he's only consider a top 20 from the ISS. Some one have an opinion on him? Comment?

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
I think we need an official "Ask Sharkie Thread"

If you guys were to project scoring numbers how would you predict crosby, brule, zagrapan, and pouliot in their primes

i kno its real tough especially w/ the possible rule changes but just for fun

also

how would the 05 draft compare to 03 as far as NHL ready players

OT: if you have a NFL draft question about ur fav team feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad