2005 Draft Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJHF13

Broadway Crosby said:
That's BS. The Stanley Cup winners should improve? The cr@ppy teams need to get better, and they do that by getting good young players. I like the idea Top Shelf said the best, unless they come up with an idea where they just give it to the Rangers. :innocent: :D

Why? It would be unfortunate if Crosby's career died before it even got started.

Send him to NY after he's like...40.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
em1ss said:
I am a Pens fan but would rather see Crosby on a Canadian team, at least for the start of his career. We need a strong Canadian team to help restore interest in this league.

:badidea:

Hockey is on life support in the US. Please explain how Crosby to Toronto or Montreal is better then Crosby to NY or Chicago? Toronto could win 82 games and that wouldn't do anything for hockey in the US. Canda is a religion in Canada - we need a strong Canadian team ? We need legit big market teams to start back up again IN THE US. Hockey was at its peak in the days when LA, Chicago, and NY were all legit contenders. If you want to build hockey, then it needs to be done in the US. Canada is already nuts over hockey, unfortunately the US - where most teams are located - is not. Case in point: We didn't get the gold medal game or the US bronze medal game for the WJC. I bet TSN aired a good number of games all to very nice rating up in Canada. I don't recall seeing a sentence in a big NY paper on the WJC at all. I'd love to hear how we need a strong Canadian team over a a strong US big market team in terms of whats good for the marketing of the game.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Coffey77 said:
From what I understood that's not how the 3 tier lottery system works. I like that the best so far. In that system Detroit wouldn't have a shot a #1. They would have a shot at #21. I just wish there was a season anyway so the 2005 draft wouldn't be in doubt.

Two seperate points...

I wasn't discussing the 3 team lottery there. I was just talking about an every year NHL switch to the lottery system in the NBA. It makes it much less useful to tank the season away for the #1 pick.

The three tier lottery system is one idea, but I think there are better ways to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad