2005 draft: Mathieu Aubin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I've watched Lewiston play many times this year and as usual I've been impressed witht the play of Bourret, Picard and Paiement , but someone caught my eye as well. You guessed it, Mathieu Aubin. He has 21 pts in 16 games which is pretty damn good and he's eligible for the '05 draft (as a late '86 B-day). He's got good size and speed. Anyone know where he might fit in scouts' radars?

EDIT: Not benoit, Mathieu

X-SHARKIE

Wow, I didn't think he was 2005 eligible... He looks like he has some good size, I see he is listed in the 6-1 190 area.

I saw him on eastlink.ca earlier this year vs Halifax...and Aubin was making insane passes....extremely impressive in the playmaking department... I can't speak for the rest of his game but he overall showed good hands and things just seemed to happen when he had the puck. Great playmaker.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
Wow, I didn't think he was 2005 eligible... He looks like he has some good size, I see he is listed in the 6-1 190 area.

I saw him on eastlink.ca earlier this year vs Halifax...and Aubin was making insane passes....extremely impressive in the playmaking department... I can't speak for the rest of his game but he overall showed good hands and things just seemed to happen when he had the puck. Great playmaker.

He wins 65% of faceoffs and does well in all 3 zones. Like you said he has good vision, plus size. He is a first day NHL DRAFT prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad